cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnacle Credit Services Collection (Verizon)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pinnacle Credit Services Collection (Verizon)

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can help me out with what to do. Recently, I signed my husband up for CreditKarma (with his permission, of course), and we discovered he has an account in collections with Pinnacle Credit Services, on an old Verizon account, for almost $900. He says he doesn't remember owing Verizon any money. I am not sure what to do to get this taken care of, and hopefully, removed from his credit report, as I believe it is greatly hurting is score. Can someone help me? What other information do you need?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pinnacle Credit Services Collection (Verizon)

Look up the registered agent for Verizon in your state. Send a registered/return receipt letter to the RA with a copy of the small claims court form for your state. Put down the max amount you may sue. This worked ofr me. I had tried Verizon (Response: We sold the account, we do not have to respond) to Pinnacle (Response: We aren't trying to collect so we don't have to respond. They weren't trying to collect, they just posted it on my three CA. I tried contacting the three CRA. No luck. I tried BBB. No luck. I tried the FTC,FCC, the attorney general in three states. No luck. It was the threat of suing a local branch of Verizon that finally caught their attention.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pinnacle Credit Services Collection (Verizon)

@Anonymous wrote:

Look up the registered agent for Verizon in your state. Send a registered/return receipt letter to the RA with a copy of the small claims court form for your state. Put down the max amount you may sue. This worked ofr me. I had tried Verizon (Response: We sold the account, we do not have to respond) to Pinnacle (Response: We aren't trying to collect so we don't have to respond. They weren't trying to collect, they just posted it on my three CA. I tried contacting the three CRA. No luck. I tried BBB. No luck. I tried the FTC,FCC, the attorney general in three states. No luck. It was the threat of suing a local branch of Verizon that finally caught their attention.

I may have to try this with Frontier....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.