cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnacle Reporting a 5 YO cell bill as Open factoring Co. that is 120 days past due.

tag
Sxott
Established Member

Pinnacle Reporting a 5 YO cell bill as Open factoring Co. that is 120 days past due.

Does this seem right? They are not sitting on the collections side of my reports. I think this is hurting my score because it being displayed as a 120 days past due.

Starting Score: 606
Current Score: 607
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pinnacle Reporting a 5 YO cell bill as Open factoring Co. that is 120 days past due.

Midland is reporting the same way on my CR.

Message 2 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pinnacle Reporting a 5 YO cell bill as Open factoring Co. that is 120 days past due.

Reporting their business type as a factoring company is their perogative.  That alone is not inappropriate.

Was the account delinquent when they acquired it, or did it become delinquent after their purchase?

Is the reporting of a 120-late referencing a status of the OC account, or is it being reported as a delinquency that occured based on a billing statement sent by them?

Message 3 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Reporting their business type as a factoring company is their perogative.  That alone is not inappropriate.

Was the account delinquent when they acquired it, or did it become delinquent after their purchase?

Is the reporting of a 120-late referencing a status of the OC account, or is it being reported as a delinquency that occured based on a billing statement sent by them?

CAs don't send billing statements.  The account would have had to be delinquent before it was sent to a CA.

Message 4 of 24
fancypants7
Valued Member

I have the same thing with Another factoring company. One one report they are even listed in the installments section and this is for a seven-year-old last electricity bill.
Message 5 of 24
chevyman
Contributor

LVNV is reporting last delinquency is 2/ 13 they bought the charge of in 2010
Message 6 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@fancypants7 wrote:
I have the same thing with Another factoring company. One one report they are even listed in the installments section and this is for a seven-year-old last electricity bill.

Can you cut and paste the TL.  But, start another thread to do it.

Message 7 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The purpose of my questions is that if the account was purchased when not in default, then the purchaser is not a debt collector under the statute.  FDCPA 803(6)(F)(iii).

Factors traditionally purchase accounts receivalble from a creditor that are in good-standing, and then take over as owner, and can then of course send billing statements to collect on their account.  However, if the account was delinquent at time of purchase, then the purchaser would be a debt collector.

The OP stated that it is not showing as a collection.  Thus, prior to determining the accuracy of their reporting, it must be determined whether their reporting is that of a debt collector.

Message 8 of 24
chevyman
Contributor

One person reported lvnv to the SC BBB for the way the collection was reported as an installment
Message 9 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The purpose of my questions is that if the account was purchased when not in default, then the purchaser is not a debt collector under the statute.  FDCPA 803(6)(F)(iii).

Factors traditionally purchase accounts receivalble from a creditor that are in good-standing, and then take over as owner, and can then of course send billing statements to collect on their account.  However, if the account was delinquent at time of purchase, then the purchaser would be a debt collector.

Thus, prior to determining the accuracy of their reporting, it must be determined whether their reporting is that of a debt collector.

I knew what you were getting at.  However, a factoring company and a debt buyer are one and the same under the reporting guide.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.