Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnacle/Verizon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pinnacle/Verizon

So I have read many bad stories on here about people having a hard time getting a PFD on this collection. I made the mistake of letting a friend take out a phone in my name and when she decided to cut ties with the service left a $310 balance. The colletion is due to fall off in October of 2017. I do however want to buy a home prior to that so I know this will have to be delt with. Should I just go ahead and pay the balance and start the clock ticking? Has anyone had ANY sucess with this CA group? Do paid accounts age and affect your credit less? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pinnacle/Verizon

Exclusion of a collection is not based on payment or non-payment of the debt.

Exclusion of a collection is based only upon the date of yur first delinquency with the orginal creditor, and exclusion is required no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

Paying does not improve your score, but looks better in any manual review of your credit report, as it shows that you do pay your obligated debt.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So If I go ahead and pay the debt it will still fall off my report in Ocboter of 2017? 

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply =D I think ill just go ahead and pay them and be done with it then!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.