Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnacle collection PFD ? Verizon Wireless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pinnacle collection PFD ? Verizon Wireless

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting pinnacle to do pfd on a collection,i owe them $288 for a verizon wireless account that was closed in 09,its set to fall off my credit report on 11/16 so worst case ill just wait it out till then however theyre reporting monthly and id like it removed sooner than later, also i opened the account when i was 17 , i lied about my age when i opened the account (i claimed to be 18) and i was curious if since i signed the contract when i was under age would that void the original contract and make this collection void also?

Id appreciate Any help
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pinnacle collection PFD ? Verizon Wireless

You are now of legal age and responsible.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand that im of age now and im responsible for that debt,i only questioned it being that i was underage when i signed the agreement,but either way im willing to pay the debt i was just hoping someone may have had luck with getting a pfd from pinnacle so i know what to expect.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out a PFD to them last week and have not heard back from there. Here's to hoping they accept it. I have heard that they are hard to crack. Ill keep you posted if they accept it. I had actually paid off an account with them to re activate service for them but claimed I still owed them $310. Not sure how I got service again with a collections account still active with them. They claim this account was from another person who had a phone out in my name. Best you can do is give it a shot. Worst case scenario is they tell you no.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it looks like its really hard to get them to do a pfd,I've read a bunch of past posts but haven't found to many that were successful in getting them to accept,Hopefully they accept your PFD i'd definitely like to hear what happens with that ,I guess ill send them a letter and see how it goes,The only reason i haven't sent them a letter in the first place was that if they deny the PFD i was scared that it would reset the 7 years of it staying on my credit report.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you don't claim the debt they cannot reset the 7 years on it. Never claim the debt in your letters to them.
Message 6 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Right, don't claim the debt. Try the PFD, and sometimes they'll even work a deal with you to pay less. But as noted above, if they don't bite, it will fall off anyway and you shouldn't worry too much about it. Just let time take care of it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
As long as you don't claim the debt they cannot reset the 7 years on it. Never claim the debt in your letters to them.

The CRTP can never be reset, a derog TL makes one run of up to 7.5 years from the accounts DoFD. What may be reset with a payment or new promise to pay is states SOL (the time the court system can be used to obtain a judgment) if there is a subsequent default.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys,I'm going to write up a letter tonight for a pfd send it tomorrow and hope for the best
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.