cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinnacle says updates to Paid in Full but I didn't pay!

tag
nmjacobs
Contributor

Pinnacle says updates to Paid in Full but I didn't pay!

I'm finishing up a round of early exclusion requests for two collection accounts. I have a collection from Pinnacle Credit that I requested EE for. A week after the request (online) they sent me a letter saying that due to the age of the account they would no longer report to the CRA's. In light of that, I sent copies of the letters to all three CRA's as supporting documentation. Experian deleted, Transunion completed today and I'm waiting on EQ. So, Transunion is now showing this as "Paid in Full" and $0 balance. I have NEVER paid anything on this! Showing paid in full will obviously not help me score and may drop it even. How can this happen? What do I do next?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pinnacle says updates to Paid in Full but I didn't pay!

Dispute it when TU and see what happens.

I got a letter from another collection agency on behalf of Pinnalce saying that will not report to CRA's for the same reasons as yours. I'm thinking i might do the same as you. Did you dispute with each CRA or did you just send in the letter??
Message 2 of 3
nmjacobs
Contributor

Re: Pinnacle says updates to Paid in Full but I didn't pay!

This started back in mid-July. I requested early exclusion online with all three. When I got the letter I called each and then faxed or uploaded a copy.
Experian immediately deleted both collections and one of my judgements. Equifax has been a nightmare. They deleted the other collection and then added it back as a brand new one. For the Pinnacle collection they put I paid $1 so now I have that to deal with. And now Transunion did this. I'm not sure if I should call them or contact Pinnacle. I may wait to see how this affects my score first.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.