Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plains Commerce Bank CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plains Commerce Bank CO

Has anyone had any success with getting a charge off from Plains Commerce bank removed from credit report?  If so, could you please let me know exactly what steps were successful for you.  I can't seem to find any success stories about Plains Commerce removing CO's.  Thank you in advance.

Only on Experian

Date opened:                         May 2004

First Reported:                       Sept 2007

Date of status:                       July 2013

Type:                                     Credit card

Original amount:                    $450

High balance:                        $713

Recent  balance:                   $663

Status:  Account charged off.  $663 written off.  $633 past due as of Oct 2013.

This account is scheduled to continue on record until Nov 2019.

Do I DV first to see if Plains Commerce still holds debt; or if they sold to a credit agency?  ( no credit agency reporting on my report)

Do I contact Plains Commerce and offer to PIF?

Do I contact Plains Commerce and pay in full; then do GW letter in hopes they will then remove from report?

Do I contact Plains Commerce and request PFD?  Per the posts on this forum they do not seem to respond to PFD.

I am willing to pay this debt in full.  I would like to know the best way to go about paying in full AND getting it removed from my report.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce Bank CO

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had any success with getting a charge off from Plains Commerce bank removed from credit report?  If so, could you please let me know exactly what steps were successful for you.  I can't seem to find any success stories about Plains Commerce removing CO's.  Thank you in advance.

Only on Experian

Do I DV first to see if Plains Commerce still holds debt; or if they sold to a credit agency?  ( no credit agency reporting on my report)

Do I contact Plains Commerce and pay in full; then do GW letter in hopes they will then remove from report?

Do I contact Plains Commerce and request PFD?  Per the posts on this forum they do not seem to respond to PFD.

I am willing to pay this debt in full.  I would like to know the best way to go about paying in full AND getting it removed from my report.

I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag yet...

What I'll advise you to do involves the determination of them owning it still, or if it was sold to another banking entity in '09 (there's a specific reason for this).

Just call them, and ask if account #******* is still owned, hang up, then report back here.

I'll follow through once you know.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i call them from my personal phone?......don't want them calling me back.

Also, I only have the partial acct number that is on credit report.  Would I have to give them more info for them to find out if they still hold acct?

Message 3 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are a creditor.

The DV process does not apply to creditors, it only applies to debt collectors.

The debt is apparently legit, and the goal is to get their credit reporting deleted.

Thus, I would first offer them a pay for delete.  If they no longer own the debt, they cannot accept payment, and will so inform.

If they accept a PFD, then you have met your objective.

If they do not accept a PFD, then you can pay and still pursue GW requests.

Message 4 of 17
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

What was the DOFD on this card, OP?

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD:   Feb 2013

Message 6 of 17
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only on Experian

Tweetdog

enable your private mail, I will send you info that will help you get it removed, worked for me in 3 days.

traveler2005

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean my private messaging or community mail?  Sorry not very tech savvy

Message 8 of 17
tenillelg
Valued Member

I recently gw'd them in January in regards to a charge off from 2009.  They have sent me a letter February 1st stating they sent a request for removal from my credit reports - but as of right now, they are still on my timelines, smh.  Then I called and they stated that they did send a request last month and for me to just wait... so I'm not sure what to do next......Anyway In my opinion I would write them and request a gw until you get a response.  

Message 9 of 17
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Your private email here on my fico. Tried to send you message but it said it wasn't set up.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.