Established Member
915westtexas

Plains Commerce Total Card and update

I got a response from Total Card (Plains Commerce Bank) today in regards to my PFD request.  They sent me a copy of one of my statements, a copy of a check I had sent for payment back in 2008 , a current status and a letter stating that the amount is valid and owed.  It's a small amount ($239) and I said I would pay in full in my letter.  I'm going to go ahead and pay it...I suppose I will just work the GWs after that?  I noticed this amount is figuring into my utilization, and although not much my active CCs paid down showed a slight bump in my EQ SW score.

I sent off GWs to my Sallie Mae and ACS Education lates...fingers crossed!!

Cap 1 responded to my GW request to remove a 30 day late with a "no" lol.  I take responsibility for it..I will just keep trying!

Still waiting to here back from collections accounts..I hope I do! 

I am sooo inspired by success stories...and I know this didn't happen overnight but I sure I hope I have as quick a turnaround as some!  I will be GWing and GWing :smileyhappy:

Starting Score - 482 EQ (2/4/2012)
Current Score - 542 EQ (SW 3/22/2012), TU 505 (2/25/2012)
First goal - to get into the 600s
Established Contributor
jimbo831

Re: Plains Commerce Total Card and update

915westtexas wrote:

I got a response from Total Card (Plains Commerce Bank) today in regards to my PFD request.  They sent me a copy of one of my statements, a copy of a check I had sent for payment back in 2008 , a current status and a letter stating that the amount is valid and owed.  It's a small amount ($239) and I said I would pay in full in my letter.  I'm going to go ahead and pay it...I suppose I will just work the GWs after that?  I noticed this amount is figuring into my utilization, and although not much my active CCs paid down showed a slight bump in my EQ SW score.

I sent off GWs to my Sallie Mae and ACS Education lates...fingers crossed!!

Cap 1 responded to my GW request to remove a 30 day late with a "no" lol.  I take responsibility for it..I will just keep trying!

Still waiting to here back from collections accounts..I hope I do! 

I am sooo inspired by success stories...and I know this didn't happen overnight but I sure I hope I have as quick a turnaround as some!  I will be GWing and GWing :smileyhappy:

Definitely keep at it.  It seems so far into the future, but as it happens, it is sooner than you'd think.  I applied for a ton of car loans (yeah, big mistake) on 1/12 with average FICOs of 570-599.  Now, my FICOS (who knows what EX is) are all the way up to 632 and 676!  A little knowledge (learned here) and persistance and hard work will pay off soon.  Good luck!

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}