Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plains Commerce?

tag
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Plains Commerce?

Hi there,

Thought I'd ask about Plains Commerce. They are double reporting on Equifax. Same account as I only had one account with them. One reads as a CO and the other Paid as Agreed. The last forum discussion I came across was in 2008. Wonder if anything has changed in 5 years. Anyone had any contact with them? Do they do PFD? Any advice on how to proceed with them? I have a balance showing of $550.

Thanks.

11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce?

Are the account numbers the same?

Did you ever pay them?

I am not familiar with them personally.

Message 2 of 5
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Yes, same account number. Honestly, I don't remember if I ever paid them. It's quite possible. Everything was such a mess during that time period. I did pay a few cards off, but don't really even remember having a Plains Commerce card or anything about the company and I don't have any records indicating the card. Maybe I should DV?

Message 3 of 5
almost_there
Regular Contributor

And only Equifax is reporting them.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You don't DV an OC.

I was thinking maybe they only charged off part of the debt.  When they do this, another TL is opened with the remaining balance and placed on your CR.  But, since they are reporting the same account number I don't think this would be the case.  The new TL would require a different account number.

You can send the OC a direct dispute.

Or, before doing anything like that, you could simply call them and ask why there are 2 accounts listed when you only had one.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.