Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan of Action Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plan of Action Help

I am in dire need of creating some plan of action to rebuild my credit. I've been reading these forums for a few days, looking at everyones questions and discussions.  Ill just right into my situation.

My score according to Credit Karma is sitting at 570 TU and 575 EQ. I have 21 accounts listed on my report, though only 5 are open. I have 4 student loan accounts and a Target Card.  I have 2 Chase CC, 1 Discover CC, and a Cap One CC that are closed but in repay status.

I started missing payments when I switched jobs in Oct 2014, and didn't start repaying until March (Chase and Discover).  I entered a repayment plan with both of them, that consists of 60 months of a set amount.  Cap One didn't wanna make any agreement with me,so they went to collections and I am now making 200/mo payments for 18 months.  I see Debski does update my credit report for the Cap One balance each month.

Anyways the balance/limit on the Chase account is 2400/3000 and 2350/3300, the Discover is 3000/5000. Target Card had the missed payments also, but it is current and paid. I have the 4 student loan accounts that total 13500.

I wrecked my car back in August and couldn't get any type of auto loan, no matter how little, and I wasn't about to accept a loan with 20% interest. I recently sent emails to Discover and Chase asking to adjust the late payments. Discover said that they cannot change accurate information. One Chase person for one account said interest charges will be looked into, so I resubmitted this email. The other Chase card I got a response saying they are removing the account from all credit agencies because I am not the responsible party, Im not sure what that means.

Does anyboy have any idea where I should start? I am gonna keep trying to get the late payments adjusted. Should I open some sort of secure loan like I read about? Thanks to anyone who offers help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plan of Action Help

One time bump

Message 2 of 5
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

You have a lot on your plate but it is manageable. 

First get a real credit score. CK is a FAKO score. CCT is $1 and you can cancel right away.  

Start a spreadsheet listing all the accounts and important information. Figure out what the status of limitation is for your state. Ask for PFD first, GW's second. 

Your student loans are are considered your installment loan. You also need 3 revolvers that are open, in good standing and in your case under 10% utilation across all cards. The lates and UTI are killing your score 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD? Is that an option since I am in repayment status for all my accounts? I am repaying the Cap 1 with a collection agency who is reporting the balance. But I'm also paying Chase and Discover directly.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went in and was looking at remarks and such on my report. I see that the Cap 1 account balance is being reported and the payment history is gone. So the late payments part has been removed without me doing anything.

Also for the Synchrony account that was in collections there is no payment history also.  But even though it was paid and the payment history is gone, it still shows "charged off as bad debt"

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.