Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan of Attack

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plan of Attack

Heres my plan.

I have 2 CO on report. One is First Premier and 2nd is Chase(also reporting with Midland)

My question is do I PFD Midland or Chase? I read that Midland most likely wont budge so should I just PIF and then GW them both hoping that one will remove?

And with First Premier, would a PFD letter and asking to reopen account work nowadays? Maybe can restablish the account to get rid of the CO. Or should I just PIF and GW?

Both were charged off in 2010 so relatively new.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Plan of Attack

Are the CO's reporting a balance?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 7
KevinBlock55
Established Member

First Premier sucks. Dont reopen with them. Get yourself a secured card. Call and offer to settle for half. They wont PFD so just settle it to help your utilization. Then GW the hell out of it and hope they remove. I cant help you with Midland Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
sphinx313
Established Contributor

+1 on if the CO's are reporting. If Midland is on your CR and Chase is reporting a $0 balance than you will probably have to work with Midland.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both CO show $0 balance. Midland shows the Chase balance. I dont think First Premier sold the debt yet because i dont see the balance anywhere.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read in past they repoen and clear the negatives. I can handle the crap card till i close account but wasnt sure if they still do this.

I just got a 3k securred USSA card and I just got added as AU to a discover card with 4k CL

The sad part is I have money to PIF everything on my report, just looking to do it in the most effect way.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Having first charged-off the debt, thus holding that it had become uncollectible, and then referring to a debt collector for continued efforts to collect does not usually foster an atmosphere of wanting to reopen the account for futher use.

If the OC still owns the debt, then a decision on who to offer a PFD depends upon which of the reportings you are seeking deletion.

If you want to get the CO deleted, only the OC can agree to that.  If you want the collection deleted, only the debt collector can agree to that.

Most consumers will usually consider a collection as more serious, and thus opt to seek its deletion. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.