Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan of attack...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plan of attack...

I recently sent a  pfd to one of my ca's however I never received a reply until the last day and I missed the call. I have sent a DV afterwards bc I wanted to be sure. The debt came back validated and now I am unsure if I can send another PFD. This debt is due to fall off next year, but I want to apply for a mortgage within a month, should I leave this one alone or should I send another PFD? 

Has anyone had any success with communicating to the ca's via fax?

One last question: for the GW letters, after receiving a denial do i just continue sending them to the same address or do I find the CEO and address the letter to them?

This forum is awesome, I think that I have become addicted Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Re: Plan of attack...

Who is the CA? I had a lot of success emailing CAs and getting PFDs or even reduced amount PFDs....My advice would be not too mention the mortgage at all because then they know that you REALLY, REALLY want this off badly and they would not even negotiate...my tactic is usually a more lax approach....kinda...." Hey I know this is past SOL so you can't sue me and I don't really care to pay you and its going to fall off within next 12-24 months and I don't plan on applying for anything so I don't really care....BUT...I can give you 30% of the total if you agree to delete if not thats cool...you can just keep the tradeline and it will go away anyway soon"...I took that approach with one company and then offered them $100 bucks on $1600 debt...told them I'm willing to wait and I don't recognize the debt but I will pay them what they paid for it and reimburse them for buying a junky debt past SOL...we went back and forth and eventually got PFD for 32%..but I refused to pay almost $550 bucks for something that is going to fall off within 12 months..and Its not going to help my score that much since I do have some OC Charge-offs that fall off around that time as well so its not like that one thing is keeping me from greatness..if it did..you better believe I would jump on that deal.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 2 of 5
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

I just sent a PFD like that yesterday. There's ONE old Cap1 CO on the report not reporting a zero balance, debt is being serviced by NCO and it's set to age off in 7 months.

Basically says I had limited funds and have already negotiated settlements with many other creditors (true), it's set to age off in 7 months, it's outside the SOL, and this is my offer take it or leave it.

I sent many many PFD's to some companies. Different addresses, would increase the offer every couple of weeks, tried email and snail mail.

We too are going to apply for a mortgage next month and my husband's middle score (I believe not knowing the EX score but based on the TU trend and CA's removed) hit 626 yesterday....so I'd rather be in a position of having MORE wiggle room than not...

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 3 of 5
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

oh, and I sent 11 GW letters to 11 different addresses I found yesterday online for cap1. It only takes ONE person to say yes...

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA is TSC AR Solution. I originally offered the full amount $400 but then I thought I'm not even sure if this is accurate but they validated it do now I don't want to offer the full amount again but I feel like they won't agree to anything lesser now am I wrong????
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.