Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan of attack

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plan of attack

These are the only baddies on my CR's. The Credit One shows on EX and Bloomingdales on both EX and TU. They both fall off in about a year. So the question is, do I attempt to do something with them I.E. DV/PFD/GW or just let them fall off? Given the age, how much are they affecting my current scores?

The Credit One was sold to Sherman who sold it to Razor who sold it GTF and who I believe still has it. Bloomingdales is handled by CitiBank, who still has the debt.

Any suggestions? TIA

CREDIT ONE BANK #
PO BOX 98872
LAS VEGAS, NV 89193-8872
(877) 825-3242
Date Opened: 05/03/2007
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Revolving Account
Loan Type: CREDIT CARD
Balance: $0
Date Updated: 08/23/2013
Last Payment Made: 07/30/2008
High Balance: $623
Credit Limit: $250
Pay Status: >Account paid in Full; was
a Charge-off<
Date Closed: 12/09/2008
Account Sale Info: ACCOUNT SOLD TO SOLD TO ANOTHER LENDER
Remarks: PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER; >UNPAID BALANCE CHARGED OFF<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 08/2015

DSNB/BLOOMINGDALES #
PO BOX 17759
CLEARWATER, FL 33762
Phone number not available
Date Opened: 04/05/2008
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Revolving Account
Loan Type: CHARGE
ACCOUNT
Balance: $506
Date Updated: 08/16/2013
Last Payment Made: 07/16/2008
High Balance: $506
Credit Limit: $393
Past Due: >$506<
Pay Status: >Charged Off<
Terms: Paid Monthly
Date Closed: 12/04/2008
>Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 12/2008 and in
02/2009<
Remarks: ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR; >UNPAID BALANCE CHARGED OFF<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 06/2015

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plan of attack

Since they are two i would try and pay them off .. like im currently doing with my collection but gather a lot of info first before doing something.

Message 2 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Most likely Credit One sold account. It shows $0.
Credit One is very hard to deal with.

Try PFD Macys.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 7
seruby
Frequent Contributor

General question:

If Credit One sold the debt, are they allowed to update the account to "Paid Charge Off?"  If so, is a collection agency also able to report on it?

On topic:  Since they're not really high amounts, I'd pay them and see if they'll delete the negative information.

Message 4 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Absolutely.
Call credit one and try to convince them to pull it back so you can pay them directly. Then start sending GW
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the Bloomingdale's one, if I call and work out a payoff, how will that effect things going from a CO with balance reporting to CO with zero balance?

From what I've read, as long as it reports a balance, it will affect the UTI. Then, since the amount reported is over the CL, it would appear well over the limit/UTI amount. So paying it off would take care of those two things. That aside, what will it do to the actual CR? Meaning when it updates, will the clock reset to fall off, will the update make it appear to be a newer bad mark, etc?

Looking for a little input before I make the call and start sending letters on this one.

Also, for a little background on it, this is reporting on all 3 reports as closed and is the only negative indictator on EX. As of this AM, myfico update show EQ = 696, TU = 735, and as always, EX is the pig at 645.

Here is screen of how it's reporting. Again, it is due to drop in June of next year. Just trying to make sure I don't end up causing more harm than good.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.