Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan of attack

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plan of attack

@Anonymous wrote:

Got it so I will see a bump with paying those store cards off you noted and the BOA but i wont get a significant increase until all the other cards are under 10%

Yes you will see an increase from paying them off and as accounts age, so its a WIN-WIN for you. I am in the same issue I have 13 credit cards and 11 of them carry a balance...65percent used through out the cards...8k in debt...my scores are averaged at 635 so I am working on paying down quickly but correctly to save money on the cards with the higher interest. 

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I see your scores are pretty similar and i have about the same amount of cc debt as you. Heres to us paying them down and bettering our scores! Will update as I pay them down to see what happens. Great thing also I just got a great certification which will make me alot more money than I am making right now so job transition may be in effect by the end of the year.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! I see your scores are pretty similar and i have about the same amount of cc debt as you. Heres to us paying them down and bettering our scores! Will update as I pay them down to see what happens. Great thing also I just got a great certification which will make me alot more money than I am making right now so job transition may be in effect by the end of the year.

Yes, ill reporting on here periodically to update on here since we both share the common issue of over spending lol hahaha

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, ill reporting on here periodically to update on here since we both share the common issue of over spending lol hahaha

LOL!!! yes i went a little crazy but its ok we all get there sometimes but trying to fix it is the most important part. Good luck and I will look out for your future post.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hoping to have it all paid off by September 2016. So my scores should go up here soon I am hoping.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hoping to have it all paid off by September 2016. So my scores should go up here soon I am hoping.

If you are going to have them all paid down by September, and thats when you will be refinancing the car - then it does not matter one little bit how you do it, as far as your scores go - they will be the same in Sept no matter what you do in the interim. You could make minimum payments until then and pay them all at once, or you could pay them all at once now, and your scores would still be the same when you refi.

SO - having said that, your best option, IMO is to simply pay the highest interest balances first, and save the 0% balance for last.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are going to have them all paid down by September, and thats when you will be refinancing the car - then it does not matter one little bit how you do it, as far as your scores go - they will be the same in Sept no matter what you do in the interim. You could make minimum payments until then and pay them all at once, or you could pay them all at once now, and your scores would still be the same when you refi.

SO - having said that, your best option, IMO is to simply pay the highest interest balances first, and save the 0% balance for last.

Sorry, I just realized this was not the OP.... Ooops.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, walmart and amazon is my highest ones lol I am trying to pay everything off first because I may need it to counter something if it happens...my father in law doesnt have long to live ( battling with Agent Orange) so I may use some of my cards to help my mother in law with expenses and help with repairs to their second house so she can sell it. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering when you would show up! lol so what you are saying even if i pay off all my store cards and then pay aggressively to capital one, i wont see a score bump? I thought less cards reporting a balance helps the score or every card can have a balance but be under 50%? Looking to have all my scores to at least 660 by end of september

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering when you would show up! lol so what you are saying even if i pay off all my store cards and then pay aggressively to capital one, i wont see a score bump? I thought less cards reporting a balance helps the score or every card can have a balance but be under 50%? Looking to have all my scores to at least 660 by end of september

Having less debt and using credit responsible will give you points...at the end of the day good payment history and lower reported (statement amounts) will help scores.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.