cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help! First Premier DV'd records inaccurate...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help! First Premier DV'd records inaccurate...

I am new here, reading many posts and taking notes. I have to c/o accts with FPB. One account is paid/ settlement, the other one was charged off and sold to Asset Acceptance. I recently received a letter stating that Asset Acceptance is deleting all items from my credit reports. I had these accounts to go into a negative status after being hospitalized due to a serious accident. I was on FMLA for 3 months. M.D. Released me at 4 months and by that time I had lost my job. But, I did have Premier credit Protection on both accounts. I have been disputing the actions and reporting but First Premier verifies everything. After becoming a member here I finally got the nerve to seriously Challenge FPB with a letter of validation. First Premier sent me copies of statements attempting to verify their actions and reporting as accurate. But I have a copy of every letter, and payment sent to me from them.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help! First Premier DV'd records inaccurate...

The info does not match. Im sure they are in violation. I need some good advice. Can some with knowledge of this type of issue please reply and tell me what move should I make next. Yes I do want these accts. Remove from my Credit Reports asap. Due to the fact I am seeking to purchase a home.
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Backing up a step, a DV letter is allowed through the FDCPA. Unfortunately, the FDCPA applies to CAs only, and DV letters won't work for OCs. Early in my repair process, I didn't know what letter was for what and I too sent DV letters to OCs. Most do respond in kind as they did for you.

I've seen other posts mentioning credit protection plans. IMO, they are a scam. They really don't cover anything and there are so many legal hoops to jump through before coverage is activated. Do you happen to have a copy of the agreement? Definitely worth a look. Like with payment deferrals or payment plans, a credit is allowed to continue to mark you late even if on a plan. They can do so because the amount paid is less than the org. minimum amount set in the original CC agreement. I'd review the credit protection plan to see how it addresses reporting, if any.

If I had that I would send GW letters to both accounts asking for deletion if reporting negatively and I would include 2-3 sentences about the credit protection.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump
Message 5 of 6
Lasardo
Established Contributor

First Premier is difficult to work with. I would go through the protection plan people and address your concerns through them directly if that is even an option. 

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.