cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me Rebuild!! What are the next steps??

tag
jayclem04

Please Help Me Rebuild!! What are the next steps??

My current TU score is a 645 and I really need to know what steps to take to get this up over the long and short term. My financial history/situation is as follows:

All of my accounts are current, and have been for about 8 months straight.  Previously, I missed payments on my bank of america credit card (3 - 90 days last summer, 2 - 30 days in august and september) and a 2 30 days on my student loans about 1.5 years ago.

credit history - 6 years

4 hard inquiries

The following delinquent history: (% = payment status from credit karma)

1. FST PREMIER Credit CardClosed10%
2. FST PREMIER
 Credit CardClosed10%
3. CAP ONE Credit CardClosed971%
4. BANK AMERICA
 Credit CardClosed2549%
5. GE
 Credit CardClosed394%
6. NACOL
 StudentOpen198%

Am currently using 0% of credit card limits

I have 1 credit card that I am paying off, which has been closed for 3 years:

bank of america - balance is $800

Was just approved for the following 2 credit cards this month, which are my only open credit cards (both have 0 balances):

discover it - $8,500

cap 1 quicksilver one - $3,000

Debt to income ratio is 10%

I have $200k in student loans that i always pay on time with, I usually pay about $20 over the minimum for each account (5 total).  Monthly minimums total $350.

I accidently closed a capital one credit card this month, was closed for 3 years with a $500 limit (it had been opened 5 years ago).

My salary is 60k too, and should go up every year as I am fresh out of grad school.

Please help.  I really need all of the advice I can get.  I would like to finance a car at the end of this year.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please Help Me Rebuild!! What are the next steps??

Not sure what the percentage is showing or reference to CK. if these accounts are mostly paid off with negatives showing GW letters are the way to go on them.

Message 2 of 4
jayclem04

Thanks for the advice.  I'm not expecting the GW letters to be successful but I will definitely start trying!

Message 3 of 4
jayclem04

Any other adivce out there? Anyone had success with GW letters to First Premier?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.