cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!: Trying to Improve my credit(Using Lexington Law)

tag
JDF569
Established Member

Please Help!: Trying to Improve my credit(Using Lexington Law)

I'm 22, I'm still a student.  I recently started working about 2 months ago, I was unemployed for 2 years and incurred debts.  I have 4 negative items on each credit report.

Bank of America  Late 90 Day Payment- Recent    Balance 412  Account closed in September

Barclay Cards     Late 60 Day Payment- Recent    Balance 801  Account closed just a week ago.

Settlement GE Bank- 2012

Collection( DataTrac)- Paid off in full in 2011

This was from a hospital, it was useless.  I went to my school health center and they sent me to a hosptail.  The doctor there said nothing is wrong with me and sent me a bill and I didn't pay it till it was reported as a collection.  I then paid the bill directly to the hospital and they repoted it to the collection agency as paid in full and its still on all 3 reports.

My two credit cards are now closed.  They are currently in good standing and I am making on time payments.  In over a month I have cut the balance in half on my Bank of America Card.  About a two weeks ago my score was a 576(transunion), 580(experian), 551(equifax)

Now its about a 620 on (transunion), 591(experian) and equifax im not sure.

My negative items are still there, so I don't think the improvement is from Lexington Law.  I have read both positive and negative reviews.  Currrently, my first challenge cycle is almost over and I should be hearing back on whether any of the items were removed.    In the first challenge cycle, they sent letters to three of the creditors and the credit bureua for about 9 items and they plan to sent the rest of the letters in the next cycle.

I am hoping once 1 or 2 items get removed I can re open at least one of my credit cards.

I was wondering on what is the chances that they can be removed?  And can anything negative happen to my credit from using lexington law?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please Help!: Trying to Improve my credit(Using Lexington Law)

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

If I had that, then this is what I would do....

BofA - is the account current now, or is there a 90 with a risk of a 120-day late if you don't pay now? If that latter is the case, then I'd pay the minimum balance now before it hits 120-days. If financially that's not possible, then I'd call them and work out something with them and make it temporary. They'll still add lates, but it won't be as bad as if you don't pay it which would lead to a charge-off. If current now, then continue to pay the minimum for a few months and then mail them GW letters asking them if they wouldn't mind removing the lates.

Barclays - same as BofA.

GE - if paid and $0 via a settlement, then GW them asking if they wouldn't mind deleting or at least removing the lates and settled comment.

CA - send a GW asking for a deletion.

My 2 cents would be to run away from LL. They charge you $$$ for something you can do for yourself. And you wouldn't want to do that yourself anyway because there are safer methods of repair as outlined above. All they do is dispute. Disputing will make it more difficult to get legit lates removed. Creditors don't like it when a TL is disputed and are less likely to voluntarily remove the lates.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.