Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help/Update!!!

tag
coldfeet
Established Member

Please Help/Update!!!

Hi, I've been coming to these boards for quite some time. The knowledge I've received from everyone on here is amazing. I've never really actually posted anything myself. I've only asked questions on other member's posts. This time I really need help. I don't know how to deal with this. I was planning on applying for a VA Loan at the end of this month. I started cleaning my credit two years ago. It's taken a lot of hard work. This time last year I was at a horrible mid score of 565 (Lender Pull & EQ myfico) It's taken me a year to get to a mid score of 670 (myfico). I decided last night to pull my reports just to make sure everything was still good.To my horrible surprise, my scores tanked. I had Capio Partners, LLC report a new collection. That made my score drop from a 670 to 591!!!! The thing is, this isn't a new collection. This was already being reported on my credit report by Mitchell D Bluhm & Associates. It's a medical collection from 2009 for $106. I'm guessing they sold it to Capio Partners, LLC. Capio just reported it yesterday. Does anyone have any experience with them? Has anyone been successful in getting them to do a pay for delete?  Any idea on how I can get rid of this? Thanks in advance for any info. This is exactly how they are reporting...

CAPIO PARTNERS LLC  
Account #XXXXXXX  
Account TypeCollection Department / Agency / Attorney  
Balance$106.00  
Date Opened12/1/2013  

Account StatusClosed  
  Mo. Payment   
  Past Due$106.00  
  Payment StatusSeriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department  
  High Balance   
  Limit   
  Terms1 Month  
  Comments  
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please Help

Google search HIPAA process for medical collections, it can be used or you can go with DV and other remedies.

Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Try to PFD first but since it's only $106 dollars as a last resort just pay it.

A paid collection will look better under manual review during the home loan process than one that is not.

And during the time before you go for the home loan GW GW GW GW  

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
queen_britt2003
Contributor

In my experience, most CA are very agreeable to PFD for medical collections.  I had 3 (with 3 different CAs) and all deleted after receiving payment.

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 4 of 7
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

I just had a run in with Capio a couple weeks ago. I received a letter about a debt they acquired and they were offering to settle. I immediately called them and agreed to settle if they could guarantee that it would not show up on my credit report. This was a previous collection account from Mitchell Bluhm that disappeared from my CR last year. I was willing to do anything to keep another baddie from showing up again. They sounded reasonable, but ymmv.
Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 5 of 7
coldfeet
Established Member

Re: Please Help/Update!!!

Thank you everyone who gave me advice on this. The time you take out to help others is truly appreciated. I spent most of yesterday stressing about this and trying to find another avenue to take to regain points.  I thought of going through the whole dispute process. I just knew doing that would be painful since I'm already working with a realtor and mortgage company. I decided to sleep on it last night before I made my next step. Well I finally got the nerve to call Capio Partners. I have heard more negative than positive reviews on them so I was terrified of being rejected. I did ask for a PFD. I told them I would pay the full balance if they would delete. After 30 mins on hold while the service rep spoke to his supervisor he came back with his supervisor and agreed to delete. I had to pay the full amount plus a $7.99 processing fee. They agreed to send me the receipt and delete notice through the mail. I'm hoping, praying and crossing my fingers that they keep their word and delete. He did say to allow up to three days to process it and then they'd make the request to the CRA to delete. The time frame they gave me was 30 days, but said it might be sooner. Thanks again for your responses.

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Please Help/Update!!!

Congrats and best wishes on the new home 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.