Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Us with CA Paid Medical Deletion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help Us with CA Paid Medical Deletion

Here's the info: 2yrs ago my wife and I were in the process of purchasing our first home, after pulling the credit reports we found out that we had some medical collections that were being pursued from the collection agencies. We paid in full to all the CA's. We are now a little less than a year from CH13 deletion, (Before anyone asks, the medical collections were not in the CH13 in any way) so I'm trying to get everything on the CBR's in order so I can pursue super high FICO scores for our future credit lives. I have used the online dispute function with all 3 CRA's and I have to say it worked pretty well. Many things were deleted and many things were correctly updated. The medical collections that were not deleted were updated. I keep reading about this HIPAA thing but from my understanding I can only do the HIPAA if I paid to the original creditor (doctors office) and not the CA. We paid the CA's and not the original creditor's due dates for results from Equifax for my wife and Experian for me is up in a few days, so we both have 1 maybe on each report, I'll won't know for sure until I get the results.

So far my wife has 2 on her Experian ( Absolute collection svc, and 2 from the same JL Walston & Ass.), I have 1 on my Experian (Sca collections Inc.) this maybe deleted Experian still has 10 days to give me a result, and I have 1 on my Equifax (Firstpoint collection resources). All the CA's give the correct info as Paid/Closed. All the other negatives on our CBR's were included in the CH13 and come off the CBR's on what is known around here is *Credit Independence Month May 2010*. Please someone help set us on the right path, with a little help I think we can be back in the high 700's like we were before the CH13.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Please Help Us with CA Paid Medical Deletion

Hi,welcome to the forums Smiley Wink

Have you googled whychat, they have the HIPPA process there. Have you Opt-out?

Medical if different then other collections. It must delete 7 yrs from the date of service.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help Us with CA Paid Medical Deletion

All of my medical collections are less than 3yrs old. I havn't opt-out because this is my first step in finding out about it. To be honest I find the whole opt-out and hippa very confusing
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.