New Visitor
olysan

Please Help me Clear up this dispute!

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here.  Thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry for the long post but it is kind of complicated...

In 2008 I had a mortgage with Flagstar Bank.  I sold the home and closed the mortgage, but it was a short sale.  Flagstar agreed to the sale and that they would consider the mortgage paid, however they required me to sign a new unsecured agreement to pay them $24,000 interest fee over 10 years.  This was an unsecured agreement and their way of trying to recoup some of their loss.

In 2010 I filed for BK and this loan was discharged as part of that BK, however in checking my credit report recently I noticed that this account was still showing a large balance.  I disputed that balance, and Flagstar did change it to reflect $0 however they  are now showing that the entire mortgage was discharged through bankruptcy.  This is not correct and I'm concerned that it will reflect poorly as I try to rebuild my credit and ultimately obtain a new mortgage.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to handle this?

Regards

Mike

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}