cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me Credit Experts new collection pending...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help me Credit Experts new collection pending...

I have no idea what to do.  I got a call and I am learning to ask for things in writing for alleged debt. There is a ultillity company stating that I owe them 3500.00 for services.  This is completely false.  I had service going on in two apartments and had no idea!  When I called them the bill was at 1000.00 and they told me there was nothing they could do about it.  Long story short I moved to TX from IA my aparment originally had me moving into one apartment the day I got here with UHAUL in tow they told me that apartment was not ready and they had me move into another apartment.  I called to have the services turned on in the new apartment.  I get a fowarded bill 5 months later stating that I owed 1000.00. They refused to do anything siting that I failed to notify them.  I recalled the in my conversation telling the agent that I needed it switched and not new service. 

What do I do?  The collection company has it was turned over to them 5/6/2011.  I asked the lady if this "alleged" debt was on my credit and she said No not at this time.  What steps do I need to take?

Thanks so much in advance you guys really are amazing.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: Please Help me Credit Experts new collection pending...

Try to deal with the ulility company directly. See if they can pull it back from the CA.

Too many to list..
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

TX is very consumer friendly.  I would start by going to the AG website and see if they offer any advice.

I find it odd that they allowed you to have service in 2 places at once.  Did anyone ever move into the first apartment?  They had to have established service there. 

Second, I would go to the apartment and find out when that apartment was rented.

That is a lot of money for electricity.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:

TX is very consumer friendly.  I would start by going to the AG website and see if they offer any advice.

I find it odd that they allowed you to have service in 2 places at once.  Did anyone ever move into the first apartment?  They had to have established service there. 

Second, I would go to the apartment and find out when that apartment was rented.

That is a lot of money for electricity.

Thanks guys!  @ Guniess YES tell me about it...I dont know what they added on after the 1000.00....I was thinking they done lost their minds.  How on earth do I try to resolve this?  I will look at the avenues that have been suggested.  I am getting on the phone with them tomorrow (the utillity company that is)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.