Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help!!!!!!

Please remove this from thread if not allowed. I'm a newbie! 

I've been around here forever and just started posting once I signed up so I know there are a lot of pros here who give great advice so here goes.....

I have a Medical Debt on all of my credit reports that was reporting since January of this year in the amount of $590.37. I'm not really a fan of this collection agency so I decided to call and try and settle with the hospital first and see if I could possibly get it removed. She told me I would have to make payment arrangements or settle with the collection agency. As much as it pained me I called. She told me I could settle at $472.30 or pay the full amount in 3 months. The only problem is...if I'm not mistaken (this is where you pros come in) Even if I pay it, it will still show up that it's a collection and at one point it was negative, correct? I'm in the rebuilding stages and this is the main thing affecting me because it's so recent.

Also, when I asked the collection agency rep about a previous account that I paid off (Mind you, this visit was in April 2014 so it wasn't reported on the CR that long ) that had been removed (they were also the collection agency for that account) she proceeded to tell me that they don't remove it and it must have been the CRA that removed it. Now, so far I have been trying to contact the CRA's to find out who removes...no answer yet. Should I settle? Do I make the payments? Was she being honest about who removes the accounts? How will it affect me if I pay it either way yet it's still not removed? Any advice would help! What do I do next?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please Help!!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Please remove this from thread if not allowed. I'm a newbie! 

I've been around here forever and just started posting once I signed up so I know there are a lot of pros here who give great advice so here goes.....

I have a Medical Debt on all of my credit reports that was reporting since January of this year in the amount of $590.37. I'm not really a fan of this collection agency so I decided to call and try and settle with the hospital first and see if I could possibly get it removed. She told me I would have to make payment arrangements or settle with the collection agency. As much as it pained me I called. She told me I could settle at $472.30 or pay the full amount in 3 months. The only problem is...if I'm not mistaken (this is where you pros come in) Even if I pay it, it will still show up that it's a collection and at one point it was negative, correct? I'm in the rebuilding stages and this is the main thing affecting me because it's so recent.

Also, when I asked the collection agency rep about a previous account that I paid off (Mind you, this visit was in April 2014 so it wasn't reported on the CR that long ) that had been removed (they were also the collection agency for that account) she proceeded to tell me that they don't remove it and it must have been the CRA that removed it. Now, so far I have been trying to contact the CRA's to find out who removes...no answer yet. Should I settle? Do I make the payments? Was she being honest about who removes the accounts? How will it affect me if I pay it either way yet it's still not removed? Any advice would help! What do I do next?

If you are going to settle with the OC you need to get them to recall the collection in order for that CA TL to be removed otherwise it updates to a paid CO and one that is paid doesnt help Fico score until it ages some but it does look good in UWs eyes on manual review. On medical CAs there is one other thing you can look into and its the HIPAA Process it cannot be discussed on this board but you can Google it. The CRA isnt going to remove anything that hasnt reached CRTP. Each entity that reports a TL is in control of it no one else can force them to do anything..

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help!!!!!!

Thank you so much for replying. I will look into HIPPA and definitely call the OC back. It won't hurt to give it a second try.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.