Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help!

I have been using this forum for a couple of months now and I would like to thank all you for sharing your experiences and valuable insight. I am rebuilding my credit. I have had the misfortune of some medical issue and just now getting back on my feet both mentally and physically.  After a botched hysterectomy I have accumulated quite a bit of medical collections and a few from a neck surgery.  15 total and the oldest being 2009. The most expensive one is $608 and the least amount is $30.  What do I do to get these things removed. I have a target from 2007 that was bought by Midland Funding both are showing on the credit file. I don't know which way is is up. Her is a snap shot of scores 

Eq- 633

Ex- 637

TU- 611

i was recently approved for

Amx Surpass $1k    June 4 2015

Rooms to Go (Synchony Bank).  June 13 2015.    Helping DD with furnishing apt.  Balance. 2500 CRB $0 balance. (Guess to new)

I have 30k in student loans

3000k secured cc with $ 2107 balance 

78k mortgage balance

Equifax and TransU states the type of credit I have is poor. What does this mean?

AAmex is not showing on CBR yet

where do I start to improve my scores to get a credit increase at the 61 day mark?

i have offers from

Case Freedom

Amx business Gold Premier

Amx green

Citi advantage

4 offers from Capital One - platinum 

2 hard inquiries this year in June and 1 last Dec/2014  for installment loan with credit union that's was paid off in 6 months

i haven't had inquiry in 6 years

thanks in advance for you valuable help

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Please Help!

You can contact the collection company and see if you can pay them off to be deleted. If the lowest one is $30 I wouldn't let those linger. If the highest one is only $600 then you seem to be in good shape if you can pay those off
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response- I want to just pay them off  I'm in such a better place than I was 2 years ago.  What are your thoughts about the Target and Midland account? Can both Target and the Collection Account with the Target account report to the CRB. 

Thanks 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accept 2 or 3 of the recent offers - whichever ones give the best deal. Pay down the Rooms To Go card and the Secured Card before they start dragging your scores down.

Address medical collections by settling the newest ones first, try to get PFD's. Sometimes you can get the OC to pull items back from collections if you PIF. Work newest to oldest. I would not even worry about the Target account at this point, it sounds like its nearing it drop date.

Overall you are actually in decent shape.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your response- I want to just pay them off  I'm in such a better place than I was 2 years ago.  What are your thoughts about the Target and Midland account? Can both Target and the Collection Account with the Target account report to the CRB. 

Thanks 

Yes, both OC and CA can report. Do you know the DoFD?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Thank you for your reply  - 6/20/07

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much - I am really trying hard to straighten out this mess of a credit situation. I do want to increase my limit with AMX .. I have been reading about the increase with AMX in 61 days. Can I get a increase with AMX in 61days if I get the CITI  advantage credit cards. I really love AMX Surpass. I went over the limit and paid it off the rep assured me it would not tarnish my credit . AMX is the gift that keeps on giving. With a 1k limit, its hard to pay all your bills and everyday needs. After looking at the AMX Gold Business Open - Its looking better as a application try along with Citi and possibly Chase. I am afraid of Capital One. This is really great advice you have given me I really appreciate it. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.... That should have dropped by the beginning of this year! I would call complain to the CRA's that they have not excluded with in the statutory time period of 7.5 years.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually , I am looking at Equifax now and the DoFD is 12/10 and the date of major delinquency is 6/11. However, when looking at the calender of payment reporting. 

Target was late the following dates: 

opened: 6/2007 

late :  

3/2009 

9/2009

12/2009

9/2010 & 10/2010

1/2011, 2/2011, 3/2011, 4/2011, 5/2011 

Charge Off : 6/2011

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, yeah, that would be the correct DoFD for that CO date and late payment history.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.