Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Read and Help me

tag
needbettercredit88
Valued Member

Please Read and Help me

My grandfather in another state keeps recieving phone calls asking for me. They tell him that they are Jim Burgens Law office and that I am in very big trouble. The number he gave me to call came up as National Action Financial Services. They are not on my report and I do not know who they are collecting on. Needless to say I have to call them today and get my grandpas number off there list....I do not care if they get my number as they can harrass me all day, but they cant harrass my relative. I am a little worried to call though...what do I say? Do I tell them to validate the debt in writing? Will they even stop calling my grandfather? Ive done some googling on this CA and it seems like they are just very rude and will not help at all. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please Read and Help me

They are allowed to contact family in order to find you.  They however are not allowed to discuss the matter or use threatening or embarassment tactics.  You should DV this company to find out what they have, and how old it is.  Did a little research and this company is a bottom feeder of a JDB.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.