cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advise...Medical collection of $26 has me 120 days late!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please advise...Medical collection of $26 has me 120 days late!

When a CA called me back in Jun or Jul, I returned their phone call and requested validation from the OC. The CA only sent me a copy of the bill with the CA's heading. I failed to call back, in disgust, and now see my CR has me marked 120 days late. I would gladly pay the $26 with the proof i requested. Please suggest a course of action. And, can you tell me if this amount is owed, and paid, is it then to be removed under the rules of the HIPAA act? Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Please advise...Medical collection of $26 has me 120 days late!

Honestly I think the copy of the bill the CA sent you suffices. I would recommending reading HIPAA process: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=27537&jump=true
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, it has to be directly from the OC.  It can not be what they have in their computer.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would follow the HIPAA process.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.