aspen518

Please advise...Medical collection of $26 has me 120 days late!

When a CA called me back in Jun or Jul, I returned their phone call and requested validation from the OC. The CA only sent me a copy of the bill with the CA's heading. I failed to call back, in disgust, and now see my CR has me marked 120 days late. I would gladly pay the $26 with the proof i requested. Please suggest a course of action. And, can you tell me if this amount is owed, and paid, is it then to be removed under the rules of the HIPAA act? Thank you.
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: Please advise...Medical collection of $26 has me 120 days late!

Honestly I think the copy of the bill the CA sent you suffices. I would recommending reading HIPAA process: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=27537&jump=true
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
guiness56

No, it has to be directly from the OC.  It can not be what they have in their computer.
Moderator Emeritus

I would follow the HIPAA process.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+