Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advise

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Please advise

In May , I will have one charge off left of 40, 40 has ruined my credit profile. This CO stayed with the original creditor, a scum loan company, security finance. I paid the total owed via check , have cx check, however they added a 40 late fee and I never got a bill so , hence , ... Is there any thing you guys can think of ? I mean it's 40$. Will lot fall off till December 17
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please advise

I never knew that less than $50 is reported in CRA. You can can dispute it and says never got bill. If they reply back then ask for PFD. I dont think the amount and the age of it really has that much impact on your credit score right now? I was told the longer it is the lesser impact it is as a whole. good luck to you!

Message 2 of 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I did dispute and verified as final ant owed,say I can't pay because it was Co ,
Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

At this point, what you can do is try a pay for deletion.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
In May , I will have one charge off left of 40, 40 has ruined my credit profile. This CO stayed with the original creditor, a scum loan company, security finance. I paid the total owed via check , have cx check, however they added a 40 late fee and I never got a bill so , hence , ... Is there any thing you guys can think of ? I mean it's 40$. Will lot fall off till December 17

Patience, my friend. This is a LONG game. This item will be gone in 6 months. I would not even think about messing with it at this point. In the meantime, work on the positive side of your profile, getting your balances in line so you can hit the magic UTI number whenever you need to do so.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont see how the posted scenario has anything to do with credit report deletion.

Whether or not the debt is paid does not mandate deletion of any reported derogs.

The remaining issue is whether or not you have a satisfied debt, not the deletion of any credit reporting based on having paid the debt.

I see no basis for a dispute of lack of deletion.

Any dispute would be directed at the lack of update to paid rather than continuing to report a balance of $40.

As suggested by Norman, I would let credit report exclusion do its thing.

You can always pursue a request for an early exclusion with the CRA to get it excluded a bit earlier.  The creditor plays no part in any early exclusion determination by the CRA.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.