Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please critique my GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please critique my GW letter

Dear Madam or Sir; 

I have been a xxxxx customer since 2004 when I became a proud first-time homeowner.  I sincerely thank you for helping me to realize that dream, and have felt gratitude ever since. 

I recently reviewed a copy of my credit reports from all credit bureaus, and was startled to discover what appear to be some reporting mistakes on my account.  I am requesting that my report be modified to reflect a more accurate payment history and status, and I thank you in advance for your time and effort.

It appears that two accounts exist because my loan exchanged hands during June of 2007.  The first loan reports a zero (0) balance owed, yet the current status reports that it is “30 days past due”.  Clearly one cannot be delinquent on a zero balance, so I would ask that the status be corrected, and appreciate your attention to the matter. Also in 2007, the loan reports two thirty (30) day delinquencies.  The first reports in February, and the second reports in June.  Although I admit to being late in making my payment on both occasions, I called xxxxxxx and spoke with a representative both times.   On the first occasion, I attempted to set up automatic payments through my bank which did not process.  I immediately contacted xxxxxx once I realized the payment had not been processed, and made a payment- including late fee- right away.  The man I spoke with seemed very understanding, and we joked about the perils of technology.  He assured me that the late payment was understandable, so you can imagine my surprise at discovering it was reported to the bureaus! 

My second late payment occurred after I had received notification that my loan was being transferred.  As a first time homeowner, I mistakenly expected a new coupon book to be mailed to my home from a new company, and did not realize that payments would continue to be processed through xxxxxx just as they always had been.  Again, upon contacting your office and clarifying the situation, I made my payment right away.  And as before, the representative was understanding and helpful.  I did not receive any indication that this would later appear on my credit report. 

While I accept responsibility for both mistakes, I do hope that you will recognize that they were honest mistakes from an inexperienced but well-meaning customer.  I further hope that you will review my account to see that in the 2 ½ years since then, I have never been late on making a payment, and that all of my payments are drafted directly from my banking institution to your company.   I would be eternally grateful to you and xxxxxxxx if you would delete these delinquencies from your reports to the bureaus.  I really do strive to be the best customer possible, and I don’t feel that those late payments are a realistic reflection of my creditworthiness.  I ask you for this act of goodwill on my behalf, and in exchange I offer my pledge to remain a constant and reliable customer of xxxxxx. 

Respectfully yours,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Please critique my GW letter

I think is is excellent.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please critique my GW letter

Ok thanks, I think I'll send on Monday.  Anyone else?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.