Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please critique my GW template

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Please critique my GW template

Dear Sir or Madame,

I am writing to you from the bottom of my heart seeking assistance with my account.  In [date] I opened a [company name] card. 

In 2007, my husband’s construction business in Ohio took a sudden nosedive and my own business was still new and struggling.  In early 2008, we went to Oklahoma for him to complete a couple of construction jobs when record ice storms hit the region, crippling postal service, electricity, and streets.  We had no access to our mail, internet, or a paycheck for weeks.  We were advised to file for bankruptcy, but felt that we owed the debt and should repay it in full.  I worked very hard to bring my accounts current.

I returned to graduate school in 2008 in order to update my skills to re-enter the workforce.  I took a journey through Walt Disney World’s College and Internship Program and was offered a permanent role, where I am now employed.  That journey also led me to becoming a single mother.

I am currently in the processing of trying to purchase a home for my family, but am facing challenges from that difficult period in my life still reflecting in my credit reports.

I sincerely hope that there is redemption at [company name].   I am asking [company name] for a Good Will adjustment and requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines and removing the late notations.  I understand this is a rather unusual request however I hope you will take into consideration that by doing so it will greatly increase my chances of purchasing a home for my children as we move forward with our lives. 

I will respectfully await your reply.  I genuinely thank you for your help with this matter.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please critique my GW template

Hi thankfulheart,

could you please update if you used this letter and any response you have recieved. I am looking to send out some GW letters this week to some collections I paid prior to discovering the forum. Thanks!

Message 2 of 5
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I was successful with HSBC (2 accts), JCP, and Target (all had 30-60-90s).  NOT successful w/ Sears (settled for less than full amt), Select Portfolio Servicing (2nd mortgage), or Sam's Club (1x30, 1x60).  I'm trying it again with the 3 no's and adding Santander (car) to the mix as they are the last of the lates on my CRAs.  I still have a couple of medical collections that I'm working through and a state tax lien that I'm waiting to hear back from the atty general about.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning,

ThankfulHeart, thank you for sharing your template. The one in my head went something like that. I certainly hope you succeed with all of your creditor's, I hope I succeed with my blemishes too. Ive lurked Myfico off and on for longer than I care to share, but never took the initiative to do anything but dispute online. Never sent any Gw's PFD's or KMA's. I wont have all three of my CRA until the 11th ( Wed) and I intend to remove everything else. I also intend to use a similar format for recon, I need someone to take a chance on me. The only thing I have going for me is a Car Loan, but its not being reported for the full amount, which makes my uti 100% Ive held that account for 1 year and 10 months now never late. Hoping to get them to bump my info from 4900-8995 to 4900-14000 which is what my payments are based on.

Good luck in everything and thanks again for the post.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is wonderful news thankfulheart! I am so happy for your success. Looks like you are on the road to a positive credit profile. I will use a similar format to share my experience with some of my paid creditor's and pray they delete the tradeline. Fingers crossed. Good luck with the rest of this and I will see you around the forum... from the looks of it, I will be here for a loong time. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.