Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain this repo to me **UPDATE!!!!**

tag
kk627
New Contributor

Please explain this repo to me **UPDATE!!!!**

Experian told me this TL will "turn positive in September". One CSR said "it looks like you've been making payments on it." I have not.

What does that mean? I want to buy a new car this year, will the dealership see any negative record of this after September? It was only reported to my EX report.

The first 30-day late shows in Dec 2006 and never went positive after that. The loan officer at the bank said they would try to sell it and if they got more than I owed for it, i would get a credit. That was the last conversation I had with him, never heard from them after that. I never received any paperwork or phone calls after that.

XXX NATIONAL BANK

Current Closed

Mailing Address:      TEXAS
More Account Details

Account NameXXX NATIONAL BANK  
Account #3XXXX  
Account TypeAuto Loan  
Balance   
Date Opened8/1/2005  

Account StatusClosed  
  Mo. Payment   
 Close Account DetailsPast Due   
  Payment StatusPaid, was a charge-off  
  High Balance   
  Limit   
  Terms37 Months  
  Comments   
 24-Month Payment History 

2009   2010           2011       
SepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAug
KDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Please explain this repo to me

The TL will turn into a positive one in september, lates only stay on for 7 yrs for each occurance. I would not do anything to that account after that. So if you plan on getting a new car in Oct then they won't see the late anymore.

Message 2 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

In order to really determine when it will turn positive you would need the entire payment history. 

If your first 30 day late was in Dec 06 that will not fall off until Dec 2013.  Any subsequent lates will fall off 7 years from their occurence.

It appears the bank did sell it and have enough to pay it off, that is why it says paid, was a charge off.

On the other hand, if the CRA CSR is saying it will turn positive in Sep, I hope they are right and it does.

Message 3 of 15
kk627
New Contributor

I lost my job in mid Aug 2006, and I may have made one or two payments after that, but not more than that.

Message 4 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The TL doesn't show much in the way of DoFD or anything. 

I guess you can trust the CSR and it will turn positive in Sep.  Maybe they see something we don't.

Message 5 of 15
kk627
New Contributor

Here's what it says on my report from annualcredit report.com:

30 days past due as of Dec 2006

60 days past due as of Dec 2006 (this can't be right?)

90 days past due as of Jan 2007

120 days past due as of Mar 2007

150 days past due as of Apr 2007

Charge Off as of Nov 2008 to Jul 2010, Jul 2007 to Jun 2008 (what does this mean?)

Oct & Nov 2006 show No Data

I'm pretty sure the last payment I made was either Sept or Oct 2006 because I was dead broke after that due to being laid off in August 2006.

Message 6 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

This account will not go into a positive status.  It has a CO on it.  A positive status would only be if there were lates that subsequently fell off.  That's not the case here.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

When it goes "positive" as far as your CR is concerned depends upon when all derogs are actually excluded by the CRA.

With a reported CO with an apparent DOFD of 12/2006, the OC is not required to be excluded until after 6/2014.

However, that is the max CR exclusion date.  The CRA can always choose to exclude earlier.

When it will actually show as positive cannot be determined simply from the CR.  All you can say is that it will become positive no later than 6/2014, when the max CR exclusion period of the CO has passed.

Message 8 of 15
kk627
New Contributor

So will it just completely fall off my report when the times comes?

And what about the fact that it says the 30 day late and 60 day late happened in the same month, with no data reporting for the two months prior?

Message 9 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I have it reaching the 7 year mark in November actually.  And yes, it should just be excluded.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.