cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Creditor says my payment was not recieved!

tag
ficofreak82
New Visitor

Please help! Creditor says my payment was not recieved!

Hello fico family. I have been in a very distraught mood all day and here's why.

O.K. i checked my equifax fico this morning. In November 2013, i hit the 700 club, 703 to be exact. I didnt expect to see a big bump in score today but hey, skies the limit now so ANY increase would make me smile. Boy was I wrong because my score went DOWN!.

My student loan status says im 60 days past due, which is absolutely false!

Just like all my bills over the past 5 years, i always pay ontime. I recently acquired my new apt but some mail is still being sent to my previous address. No big deal. I knew it was time for a payment so the usual money gram was sent, but to the address shown on myfico under account credit profile. After calling them for an explination, i was told by a gentleman this was the wrong address to send payment and that it happens. So.....where is my payment and what am i to do about this inaccurate reporting. He said the payment could have been sent back to the address OR to the correct payment facility. I called my mother and asked it she recieved anything from them and she said no more than the usual billing. So apparently, my money order is somewhere out there and I currently have a big credit ding in my report. The genteman told me the best thing to do is file a dispute with the big 3.

So, how should i proceed with this, mail, phone, or online? Im not sure how this is going to turn out because i have trying locating my receipt stub. I dont throw them away but I dont exactly keep them either, as i never thought i'd be in this predicament Smiley Sad Im just PRAYING i can get this resolved because it took years of hard work to obtain good credit and i will have many sleepless nights behind a $38.00 payment ruining my credit! Please chime in ladies and gentleman with your advice. All will be appreciated, thanks 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please help! Creditor says my payment was not recieved!

@ficofreak82 wrote:

Hello fico family. I have been in a very distraught mood all day and here's why.

O.K. i checked my equifax fico this morning. In November 2013, i hit the 700 club, 703 to be exact. I didnt expect to see a big bump in score today but hey, skies the limit now so ANY increase would make me smile. Boy was I wrong because my score went DOWN!.

My student loan status says im 60 days past due, which is absolutely false!

Just like all my bills over the past 5 years, i always pay ontime. I recently acquired my new apt but some mail is still being sent to my previous address. No big deal. I knew it was time for a payment so the usual money gram was sent, but to the address shown on myfico under account credit profile. After calling them for an explination, i was told by a gentleman this was the wrong address to send payment and that it happens. So.....where is my payment and what am i to do about this inaccurate reporting. He said the payment could have been sent back to the address OR to the correct payment facility. I called my mother and asked it she recieved anything from them and she said no more than the usual billing. So apparently, my money order is somewhere out there and I currently have a big credit ding in my report. The genteman told me the best thing to do is file a dispute with the big 3.

So, how should i proceed with this, mail, phone, or online? Im not sure how this is going to turn out because i have trying locating my receipt stub. I dont throw them away but I dont exactly keep them either, as i never thought i'd be in this predicament Smiley Sad Im just PRAYING i can get this resolved because it took years of hard work to obtain good credit and i will have many sleepless nights behind a $38.00 payment ruining my credit! Please chime in ladies and gentleman with your advice. All will be appreciated, thanks 

Receipts that could affect your credit are to be kept until the CRTP expires this could mean many many years. I would write in a dispute to the CRAs with copy of your money order receipt..

Adding: Since you are dealing with the govt (student loans) payment receipts/records are to be kept until you are in the grave, same with any other item dealing with the govt..

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Please help! Creditor says my payment was not recieved!

I would recommend using the direct dispute process rather than sending a dispute to the CRA.

You have the option of either disputing through a CRA or sending your dispute directly to the creditor.

If you dispute via a CRA, they will simply send a copy of your dispute to the creditor.  You are not ensured that all of your supporting arguments and documentation will be forwarded.  The CRA will usually rely upon the results reported back to them in making their determination.  They are not an arbitror of contestied facts, and will usually rubber stamp the determination of the furnisher.

By sending a direct dispute, you ensure that all arguments and documentation are recevied by the creditor, and their decision will come directly to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.