Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, I feel hopeless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help, I feel hopeless

Hello,

Well I'm here because I've made a good lot of mistakes over the last few years. My score is a 519 on EQ and 524 on TU. I have had a voluntary repossession last year, about 5 collection accounts, and another 5 or so negative accounts, and only about 3 or 4 positive accounts. The average history of my credit is about 7 years long. I have no credit card balances, and I am paying off the repossession and all of my collections. I have not missed or been late on a payment on my new vehicle for about six months, but there has been no change in my credit score, it seems like a losing battle. I really need to purchase a home in the next year or two because my husband and I will be starting a family. I have a good secure job and a comfortable salary. I know it's early into the process but I feel so hopeless, when can I expect some change? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Please help, I feel hopeless

Live within your means.

Stay current.

Once the debt is paid off, ask them to remove negatives.   

With collections, sometimes you can negotiate a pay for delete.   If you do that, offer them the full amount of the debt.  (Or start off closer to the full amount.)  If they are paid all that is owed, they are more likely to remove negatives.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.