Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help I'm begging

tag
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Please help I'm begging

Hi everyone

Here's my situation my scores back in October were 637 EX 627 Eq and 603 TU I was in the process of purchasing a home I was preapproved but never found a house. Back in Oct I had a chapter 7 bankruptcy and 1 public record also I have 1 collection that is due to fall off until 2016 and 3 medical collections that all have been paid before I knew about PDF these all will fall off next year. On my Ex and TU I have 4 chargeoff accounts that have been settled as well only 1 of the chargoff are  on EQ. Both my CRA had a bankruptcy and public record but have since fell off my credit report due to age. I was just hit with a 60 day late on a school tuition I didn't know I had  long story I also just had a collection from t-mobile report. It is for 655 which I know I don't owe that much I have been going back and forth with these people for awhile. Tmobile placed the account to west assest management. I have tried to get them to do a PDF but they wont budge. west assest said that they can't delete without tmobile permission because they are only collecting for them. tmobile is not reporting only west asset management.

These are my new scores 508EQ 549 EX 539 TU I seriously want to cry

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Re: Please help I'm begging

Hi tinky, are those your FICO scores that your lender pulled for you recently?

Sorry to hear about your decline in score.  Are there things on your CR that are paid that you can try to GW? The medical collections could be good candidates for that if you havent already done so I would first start there. If not, I would work on the collections. Try to PFD (just fyi it's not PDF) to some higher ups (execs) of the companies. If the CA for Tmobile is willing to delete with Tmobile's permission, have you tried contacting Tmobile to let them know the CA is willing to remove it and they just need a confirmation from Tmobile? Granted, that may not be necessary but you're kind of at the mercy of the CA (since they're reporting). So I would try that.

Also the CO's on the account I would try to GW those ASAP to have those removed.  Having them listed as settled can be huge credit dingers in FICO world.

You can do it! Many people on here have had success getting their scores up with hard work and perserverance. My scores have increased about 14 points since January, and Esme (another FICO'er) had about 50 or so points increase since January, and there are a host of others.

Figure out what makes sense for what your goals are and start attacking. We're here to help, because I know that I have been helped by many people on FICO. Those of us in the rebuilding process knows how it feels to be discouraged due to credit setbacks. You'll do it!

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
esme
Regular Contributor

LOL Thanks for the shout out PapasWifey! Smiley Happy

To the OP, have you already requested a DV from West Asset Management? I was in a similar situation where Dominion Electric was not reporting the unpaid collection but they hired a collection agency to collect on their behalf, and the CA was the one who was reporting.

I sent them a DV letter and they deleted the entire TL because they couldn't validate. I just called the OC (Dominion Electric) tonight, actually, and asked them for the balance amount, and verified with them that the debt was not sold to the CA. She took my payment over the phone and since the CA had to delete for their inability to validate, this whole situation is now behind us.

So my advice:

1. Submit a dispute through the CRAs and wait for the results. If it comes back verified, proceed to step 2.

2. Send the CA a request for validation, if you haven't already. If they can't validate the debt, they will have to delete. Proper method of validation is not simply giving you a letter that states your account number and balance. Ask for more detailed validation as proof that you owe the balance they are saying you owe.

3. If they provide an acceptable form of DV, and they're saying that they don't own the debt, then I would call T-Mobile and ask them to pull back the account from the collection agency and negotiate a PFD.

4. If T-Mobile won't agree to it, send a dispute under FCRA 623 (Disputing with the Original Creditor). T-Mobile will have to respond to this within 30 days, so make sure you send this letter CMRRR.

5. If T-Mobile does not respond to your 623 dispute within 30 days, by default they have to delete regardless. If they don't, you have the right to sue them under the FCRA statute and usually sending them notice that you intend to do so unless they delete will be good enough for them to just delete it.

6. If they do respond to your 623 dispute, your only option would be to pay the balance at this point and then send a GW letter after it's paid.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In my opinion, a lot more information would be needed before recommending a plan for dealing with the items you mention.

Before considering the T-mobile account as a major focus, can you give a bit more detail on the other items?

Many charge-offs, collections, a recent delinquency, and a PR are referenced, followed by a BK.

What debt specfically was discharged under the BK?  What debt remains?

AS for the suggestion to dispute the T-mobile collection, do you have a basis for asserting any inaccuracy in their reporting?

If so, what are the inaccuracies?  If the asserted inaccuracy is only the current amount of the debt, then its correction would not mandate any CR deletion.

They can either verify its accuracy or update the balance to what their investigation finds to be the accurate amount.  I dont see CR deletion as a mandatory outcome of any dispute over the $ amount reported.

Message 4 of 8
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Hi sorry for the delay in responding and thank yu for responding to my post. I have tried Gw to those chargeoff and collections many many times in the past couple of years I kinda gave up. First premier bank would not budge neither would merrick bank I kinda gave up trying with these companies. My plan is to try that route again. The collection agency did say they would delete if tmobile approved but I didn't try them because I spoke to them first to see if they would take the account back from the collection agency but they said no. im gonna again.

On anther note I actually did write PFD but when I did spell check I changed it... lol I need to pay careful attention to that thanks for pointing that out

Message 5 of 8
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Hi RobertEG

here's my break down I filed bankruptcy in march 2002 it came off my account this month all three, I had a public record that came off last december it was 7 years old. I have two chargeoff credit cards through first premier bank chargeoff 2008 that I settled , merrick bank chargeoff 2008 I settled last month I did this because it was calculating in my utilization they would not do a PFD I have a applied bank chargeoff same year settled again in 2009 this to was calculated in my utilization and a creditone bank chargeoff that was transferred to LVNV I have tried to negotiate a PFD with them as well But to n avail. As for my collections I have 3 medical bills all paid 1 collection from sterling and king 480 unpaid have sent in multiple PFD but the wont respond. I have the new tuition account I mentioned earlier and the new collection with WAM. All the chargeoff are on TU and EX but on EQ the only chargeoff is on there is merrick bank, and the 5 collections. I hope this make sense..

Message 6 of 8
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Hey robertEG or anyone wh want to chime in on helping me. Do you have any recommendiations to what I posted after your comments

Message 7 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hey tinktoo,

The way I handled my debts.

I started with all the debts that were within SOL, because I didn't want to go to court and/or have a judgment on my CR's.

The ones hurting my CS the most, was recent CA's.Since some were less then a year old,they were only assigned, the OC called back the debt from the CA,I paid the OC and the CA deleted.

The rest of the collections....Some accepted PFD letters and the rest I had to pay, then ask for a GW.

I never used  DV letters, because I didnt know about it. In the middle of my credit repair,I found myFICO.

Some of the collections were medical.All medical agreed to PFD.

Then I moved on to the Passed SOL debts, the CO's. I did settle on some, because of the huge balance.

But I did pay back, what I had charge and alittle more. I felt I should pay for them,because I did receive the products or services.

Hope what I did, helps you in some way.Smiley Wink Good Luck to YOU! !

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.