Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help....I'm flipping out!!

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Please help....I'm flipping out!!

Ok, I have been busting my butt building my credit over the past year. My scored are up and I have alot of good credit lines. I check my reports a few times a week and this morning all of a sudden, a company put 5 collection accounts on my Experian. It shows they are accounts from 2008 and that they have been reporting since 8/2013. This is untrue.....they just showed up in the past few days or even today. They are not showing up on my EQ & TU. I filed a dispute immediately but I am scared to death that my credit card limits are going to drop all of a sudden. Experian says it will take 30 days for the investigation. Am I in trouble? What else should I do? I don't think I am supposed to contact the collection agency right? Am I about to lose everything I have worked so hard for?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Please help....I'm flipping out!!

You do run the risk that a CC issuer will SP your reports for a review and AA you, but not all issuers pull EX and not all pull every month.  If they AA you, clean up the reports and when all is taken care of, call them back and request them to reinstate your limits.  If all is well and the colections get removed, you'll be OK.    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 9
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Amex is who pulls Ex and they just pulled on the 11th. I am most worried about them. I think this is total BS. When I google the collections agency, it just complaint after complaint about them doing this to people. I just can't even believe this!!! How can a company just come in all of a sudden and put stuff on your credit? I've never heard of these people....they have never sp'd me, never called me, never mailed me anything.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 3 of 9
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

If AMEX pulled you on the 11th and haven't AA'd you, I'd say you're OK for now.  You might want to see if they start doing it more frequently...you should also be able to see the collection accounts are under dispute.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 9
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

If you don't mind, what CA is this?

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 5 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Phew! Take a deep breath.
Gooozzzzfaaabraaaaaaa

Okay, now:

I had an old fraud collection pop up on me a few months after I got Chase Freedom, and Chase did nothing. I was able to get the collection removed within the 30 days and all was well.
Have you received any collection calls recently?
A lot if times the CA will call you and see "if it's you"
If you say, "yeah, this is snowkitty"
- basically that's their way of "debt verification"
Which is crap.
So if they call you. You let them know they do not have your consent to reach via phone. Threaten legal action. Do not lie, however.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 9
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Phew! Take a deep breath.
Gooozzzzfaaabraaaaaaa

Okay, now:

I had an old fraud collection pop up on me a few months after I got Chase Freedom, and Chase did nothing. I was able to get the collection removed within the 30 days and all was well.
Have you received any collection calls recently?
A lot if times the CA will call you and see "if it's you"
If you say, "yeah, this is snowkitty"
- basically that's their way of "debt verification"
Which is crap.
So if they call you. You let them know they do not have your consent to reach via phone. Threaten legal action. Do not lie, however.

I'm trying to take a deep breath *lol*  This has totally freaked me out!! Cat Mad

I have not received any collections calls, letters......nothing. I don't even answer my phone to numbers I don't know. I don't even leave my name on my answering machine....lol   I have had a collection agency stalking my reports by sp'ing all the time since I got my credit in order so I have been worried about this happening. Funny thing is, it's not even that company doing this. I just got off the phone with Experian and they saw where I disputed the items. There are 4 in total and 2 are for the same amount, 1 year apart and the other 2 are for the same amount, 1 year apart. What the heck? The csr removed 2 of them because of the original date.  She said it should be off within 24 hours but I hope it's sooner. She also said that if one of my creditors checks my reports, it will not show that I am disputing it. I thought it would.

I just don't see how these "companies" can do this. It is totally not valid and they are not going to have any proof to show. The csr rep said that once I disputed it, it will go to the ca and if they say it's valid, then it stays. They don't have to show proof or anything....how is that fair? She said I would have to ask them for proof and then go from there. Sounds like a long drawn out ordeal.

I didn't even think about Chase.....I'm mainly worried about Amex. How quick did yours get taken off?

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 7 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You should have sent a DV letter to the CA. It puts a collection bar on them. 

Message 8 of 9
snowkitty
Established Contributor

What is that? I thought your not supposed to contact the ca unless you absolutely have to?

I just saw that the ca put them on my report on Oct. 11th. It must have sent an alert to Amex because they sp'd me that day too. No aa has been taken so far so should I be ok? The "debt" is from 2008. Ex has already removed 2 of the collections.

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.