Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help!! I'm new and lost.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help!! I'm new and lost.

This is my first post so I hope I give all the right info for my question. My husband and I are trying to buy a vacant lot to build a house. Long story short, we found out we have two 30 day lates with TD Bank Retail Card services. I have tried a goodwill letter which was denied stating they were reporting accurately. I called and talked to a CSR with no help other than they could refund one late fee. Does any one have any recommendations on how to get these off? 

Also, the bank we are trying to get financed with asked me to pay off a collections account from March 2012. It's only $300 so I can do that but was wondering if it is really hurting my score after 4 years. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help!! I'm new and lost.

Write a PFD letter for the 300 and maybe add 20% for them to remove it. Samples letters can be found on this site. Collections hurt no matter the amount. What is your scores like. If they refund one late fee that means they will remove it from your report. do it! usually one late fee only and you can just call and be like, I paid all this time and I was late because blahblahblah and since this is my first time late I wanted to take it off. late forgiveness they call it? well it happen to me and I didnt even suggest reporting it to the bureaus but if you look at my credit report. No lates from that card issuer. Smiley Happy 

I hope everything works out for you. Pull annualcreditreport.com and check if everything is accurate. Prob should of done that first and if you did. Good job

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help!! I'm new and lost.

Thanks for your quick response.  My score is 619. Mainly bc I do not have a lot of credit depth or so I was told.

i hope you are right about if they take one late fee off then it will take a late off the report. I asked the CSR if it would come off and she said no. So I am hoping you are right! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.