cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help - Paid defaulted student loans still reporting as Past Due

tag
Bunky211

Please help - Paid defaulted student loans still reporting as Past Due

Heres a copy/paste of my "accounts".  It is reporting my original lender (Wells Fargo), the Guarantee Agency (ISAC), shows $0 balance but also shows as a 'derog account' 120+ days late.

I've tried searching the forum and found similar issues but no resolution.  Is there anyway I can clean this up?  Accounts were paid May 2012.

I appreciate any help

Dan

Accounts

Company Account number Date opened Balance Status Negative Indicator? [?]  

Credit Card   Cap 1                       3/2013$0Pays account as agreedNo         
Student/Education Loan  ISAC                            9/2008$0120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the past               
Student/Education Loan  ISAC                         9/2008$0120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the past                 
Student/Education Loan  Wells Fargo              XXXXXXXXXXXX0002                9/2004$0120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the past               
Student/Education Loan Wells Fargo        XXXXXXXXXXXX0001                9/2004$0120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the past                 
Other HSBC                           12/2006$0Pays account as agreedNo
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Please help - Paid defaulted student loans still reporting as Past Due

This thread would be better under the student loan forum. Probably get more answers there.

You normally don't see the lender on your credit reports unless these are private student loans and WF used the guarantor ISAC. It is less common for private SL to have a guarantor, but not unheard of. Since these loans are PIF with $0 balances, the only course of action you have is to GW both ISAC and WF asking for the account to either be removed completely or have the late payments removed with pays as agreed reported as the status. 

I would ask ISAC to remove completely and ask WF to remove lates and update as paid as agreed.  Good luck. I have no idea how obliging these two entities are. 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Please help - Paid defaulted student loans still reporting as Past Due

Who is ISAC?  ARe they federal?

If so, then the normal 7 year exclusion period may not even apply.....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.