Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help!! What Next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help!! What Next?

Hi guys, i have been in overdrive the past 2 months attempting to rebuild my life and have successfully accomplished alot since then.

I have received two removal letters:

1   Letter claimed they have sent CRA's notification to delete account  (Medical Collection) *Received letter 3/23

2.  Letter from CC charge-off claiming I was not responsible for the disputed account and that they have sent notification to CRA's to remove the account. They also claimed it could take 60 to 90 days to update my credit file. *Received letter 3/29

So the medical collection I figured would drop off within 30 days, but it hasn't. The CC collection worries me the most because they told me they sent notification to remove the account, however my credit report now shows that the account has been updated with new derogs up until this month. Before I sent the letter (and before they told me the were going to remove the account) the latest negative derog on the account was 2013.. So it almost seems like they sent the wrong info to the CRA's and the CRA's updated that tradeline with negative derogs to 4/2015.

Should I send another letter to these companies asking them to verify what the sent to the CRA's or maybe should I send the actual CRA's a copy of the removal letter these companies sent to me? Maybe I should just call the medical collection agency & CC company to ask them about it, but I'm afraid to talk with them on the phone and possible reverse all the progress ive made. ANY suggestions would be grateful!!

Edit: i would also like to add that I have seen many topics about first premier reporting conflicting neagtives to CRA's, and now Im starting to think this is what happened. Maybe they sent the letter to me claiming they would remove but then sent incorrect negative info to the cra's..

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please help!! What Next?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys, i have been in overdrive the past 2 months attempting to rebuild my life and have successfully accomplished alot since then.

I have received two removal letters:

1   Letter claimed they have sent CRA's notification to delete account  (Medical Collection) *Received letter 3/23

2.  Letter from CC charge-off claiming I was not responsible for the disputed account and that they have sent notification to CRA's to remove the account. They also claimed it could take 60 to 90 days to update my credit file. *Received letter 3/29

So the medical collection I figured would drop off within 30 days, but it hasn't. The CC collection worries me the most because they told me they sent notification to remove the account, however my credit report now shows that the account has been updated with new derogs up until this month. Before I sent the letter (and before they told me the were going to remove the account) the latest negative derog on the account was 2013.. So it almost seems like they sent the wrong info to the CRA's and the CRA's updated that tradeline with negative derogs to 4/2015. Deletions can take up to 60 days and its not uncommon for them to first update the TL then issue the deletion. If you have these letters you can use them at a later date should the TLs for some reason not drop off in a reasonable amount of time.

Should I send another letter to these companies asking them to verify what the sent to the CRA's or maybe should I send the actual CRA's a copy of the removal letter these companies sent to me? Maybe I should just call the medical collection agency & CC company to ask them about it, but I'm afraid to talk with them on the phone and possible reverse all the progress ive made. ANY suggestions would be grateful!!

Edit: i would also like to add that I have seen many topics about first premier reporting conflicting neagtives to CRA's, and now Im starting to think this is what happened. Maybe they sent the letter to me claiming they would remove but then sent incorrect negative info to the cra's.. This would be stupid on their part you would then have an actionable item in court if you chose to sue them.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gdale!!. I know I asked this in an earlier post but no one answered my serious concern of why negatives were placed on after they claimed they would notify the reporting agencies to remove the account. Now that you recommended its not uncommon for information to update (negative or not) before something is removed makes me feel a bit more comfortable. im just anxious to get this removed since its having a big affect not only as a collection but also my credit to debt ratio. Thanks again for your detailed response!!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

After re-reading your response, I also have one more question. (Sorry although im not new to understanding credit, Im new to the idea of what actions to take in these circumstances). If by chance the tradeline isn't deleted, in your advice would you contact the furnisher and send them the removal letter, or just go straight to the CRA's?

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

After re-reading your response, I also have one more question. (Sorry although im not new to understanding credit, Im new to the idea of what actions to take in these circumstances). If by chance the tradeline isn't deleted, in your advice would you contact the furnisher and send them the removal letter, or just go straight to the CRA's?

I would first contact the creditor to remind them of their letter(s) and if it doesnt get done at that point then you go to the CRAs with a dispute. Most reportings to a CRA are on an automated schedule, this could also be another reason they were updated before the deletion request  is received by the CRA

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.