Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help clarify for me

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Please help clarify for me

I disputed a paid medical collection. The wench I spoke to at the CA said that it was due to fall off, but its been updated! It now says "collection as of 2/2012". Did this hurt my score? Does FICO see it now as a more recent account? And WHEN will it fall off??? The lady (and I use that term LOOSELY) at the CA is a bitter, nasty, ill tempered creature. No reason to be so mean...but anyway, did she just bend me over? LOL

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help clarify for me

The last update date is irrelevant. The only date that matters is the DOFD. There is no indication they have changed that and doing so would be an egregious violation of the FCRA.
Message 2 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for responding. I dont trust this lady one bit. But the 2006 date remains the same.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Don't hold back!  Smiley Very Happy    We should solicit someone to write a book: CA Reps and Other Reptiles.

If listed as a CA, it won't hurt your FICO. It'll fall off 7-7.5 years from the DOFD. DOFD for medical is the date of service.

ETA...I'm a slow typer. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

I disputed a paid medical collection. The wench I spoke to at the CA said that it was due to fall off, but its been updated! It now says "collection as of 2/2012". Did this hurt my score? Does FICO see it now as a more recent account? And WHEN will it fall off??? The lady (and I use that term LOOSELY) at the CA is a bitter, nasty, ill tempered creature. No reason to be so mean...but anyway, did she just bend me over? LOL

You really need to check the DOFD on the report directly from the agency. Sometimes the commercial reports jumble up and confuse information. The legally cannot re-age the account.  Updated usually just means the account informaiton has been updated (new balance, settled, new comments) but it shouldn't have any impact on when it falls off..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Don't hold back!  Smiley Very Happy    We should solicit someone to write a book: CA Reps and Other Reptiles.

If listed as a CA, it won't hurt your FICO. It'll fall off 7-7.5 years from the DOFD. DOFD for medical is the date of service.

ETA...I'm a slow typer. Smiley Sad

LOL!!!!! Yes!

Thanks again guys, we have to keep a watchful eye!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.