Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me Decide on what to do next

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me Decide on what to do next

Hello everyone,

I'm new here so please help me out. I have been slowly but surely trying to clean up my credit report. I now have 3 major CC baddies that won't fall off until 2015 (I DV it already) that I have to tackle with but not sure how:

1. Capital One Charged Off, sold to CA and turned into a Judgement  of $1,359.04 against me. I paid it off  with CA for less than the amount ( $820.00) and received a letter from CA that the debt has been satisfied. What would my next step be to get it out of my report? (GW letter? Court Vadication? How? To Where?)

2. Macy's account- charged off and sold to CA. I spoke to Macy's directly and they refused to talk. I talked to CA and paid it off for less than owed amount but they won't remove it or anything, just gave me a letter of satisfaction. My best bet here is to sent GW letter right? Which address should I sent it to?

3. Victoria's Secret account Charge off and sold to CA. Same deal as the Macy's one.

Any Help would be great as I'm preparing for a car loan next summer.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Please help me Decide on what to do next

You apparently have multiple derogs on each....  a CO reported by the OC, a collection reported by the debt collector, and a judgment on one.

Each require separate removal efforts, directed at the reporting party, or in the case of the judgment, possibly a motion to the court to vacate the judgment based on its final satisfaction.

CO and collection requests for deletion, with the debt now satisfied, need separate GW requests to each.

As for possible vacating of the judgment, I suggest your start by contacting the clerk of the judgment court, and asking if their court will entertain a motion to vacate based on satisfaction.  Some courts will, while others will require some showing of inaccuracy in the judgment itself.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help me Decide on what to do next

Robert, thanks for reply. This is my first time at this so please bear with me. I read a few similar posts to mine but still a little confused. Thus, to be clear, for the Macy's and VS accounts I would have to sent out GW for both the OC and collection agent right? Should I be asking for just removal of the whole trade line or should I ask for OC to remove the bad posts and the CA for something else? Would you also happens to know where I can find the address for where to send the GW letter to for both Macy's and Victoria's Secret? I found their phone number but it seems that nagging via phone did not really work. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.