Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me figure out what to do next

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me figure out what to do next

I am desperately trying to rebuild my credit. This is my current credit situation. Please help me figure out what to do next. Thanks in advance.  

Problem #1:  Bonneville is incorrectly reporting the DOFD or the account was obtained without my knowledge. I disputed this debt with the CRA and was told that the debt is valid. What do I need to do now?

Problem #2:  The SOL for the AT&T account has expired. It is supposed to drop off my credit 08/2009. Should I request a PFD or should I wait it out until 08/2009?

Problem #3:  The SOL for GA Power expires 02/2009 but will remain on my CR until 02/2012. Should I request a PFD on 02/2009?

Problem #4:  I have old accounts that are past the SOL. These collection agencies continue to pursue me. None of these accounts are showing on my CR. What type of letter do I need to send to cease contact?

EQ FICO:                                 574  

2 current revolving accounts: Sears CC (Citi): $1150/$1200

Bank Of America: $470/$500

3 unpaid collections:              Palisades (OC AT&T)--DOFD 08/2002--$452

*Bonneville (OC Pacific Power)--DOFD 05/2003--$127

GA Power--DOFD 02/2005--$121

1 paid collection:                    Diversified Adjustments (OC Sprint)--$119

Washington State SOL:          3 yrs for open accounts; 6 yrs for written contracts

Georgia SOL:                         4 yrs for open accounts; 6 yrs for written contracts

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help me figure out what to do next

Defintiely pay down your CCs to 1-9% UTL for the biggest impact...you are maxed out....I have a collections account with Deiversified Adjustment back in April..they did not agree to a PFD...but after I paid...I sent them a GW letter for removal...here's the letter...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

April 13, 2008

Diversified Adjustment Service, Inc

600 Coon Rapids Blvd.

Coon Rapids, MN 55433

Account number: XXXX

Dear Mrs. Kim Miller:

I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit reporting agencies. The above reference account was placed with you for collections by Nextel Communications in Jan 2008. I paid the account in full on March 31, 2008.

Because I have paid the account in full, I would like you to consider deleting the account from you records and stop reporting to the three credit reporting agencies. I had no idea about this collection company because I have received no letter from you regarding this. Maybe that was because I moved to Texas back in October and I can’t do a change of address because it will transfer all of my fathers mail because I am a junior. As soon and I found about out about this collection from pulling my 3 in 1 credit report. I contacted you and paid as soon as I could.

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a home and currently my scores are too low to do so. I have a 30-60 day time frame to get my scores up. I have been paying all items on my credit report and because this one is already paid all I can do it hope you will delete which will increase my score a lot. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a “goodwill adjustment.”

Sincerely,

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, slyhouse08 for your input and congrats on getting your GW letter accepted.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more thing, paying my CC down to 1-9% right now isn't possible so I am trying to address the other issues on my CR at this time.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still relatively new to myfico.com so please understand that I am only giving my most honest opinion. Hopefully, others will chime in with some more helpful advice.

#1 You should send a DV letter to Bonneville so that you know, with certainty, if the debt is yours or not. Do not call the CA about this debt

#2 I don't believe the AT&T account is hurting your FICO score anymore so I would wait for it to fall off the CR

#3 As soon as the SOL passes on the Georgia Power account, I would send a PFD because they can no longer come after you for the debt

#4 Mail those CA a letter demanding that all communication cease! If communication does not cease, you may pursue legal recourse against the CA

Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Tonnie, I agree with you.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.