cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me get on the right track!

tag
Msflores408
Valued Member

Re: Please help me get on the right track!

Update

Chipping away at these accounts and having some success.

I only have 2 collections left Smiley Very Happy Portfolio and Cavalry still reporting and refused PFD's. No surprise there.

I am disputing Portfolio for reporting the incorrect DOFD. Waiting on that.

Cavalry responded to my BBB complaint that they have sent me verification of debt and that was pretty much it. I rejected their response because they did not address the issue of my account being transferred to TCI but Cavalry still reporting on my credit report. Their response is that they have addressed the issue in their previous response....which they didn't! I am now going to file a complaint with the CFPB and Attorney General. I want to pay this debt but I want it off my credit report! If those complaints get me nowhere I'll just pay it in full since I need to move forward in my rebuilding journey.
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know if you have success on Honda.  Ive sent many goodwill letters.  No reply yet

Message 22 of 30
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Actions taken since January:
*Hired Lexington Law 1/30/16 to help me get a jump start. Dept of Ed collection accts removed, OC remains showing 120 late payments.

Did you contact the loan dept directly to see if you qualify for any backdated deferrment? If so, that should knock down that 120 late into a smaller late and gain you a few points. Contact the loan provider.

Message 23 of 30
Msflores408
Valued Member

Update:

Never sent any gw's to Honda since the lates are more than 2 yrs old.

Called about my student loans and was put on a rehab program by Account Control Technology. After 9 payments my account will be transferred and my credit reports will be cleared up of all lates (that's what they told me anyway).

Credit scores are all hovering around 610-615. Hoping once all this student loans lates are cleared up I'll shoot up to 700.

I still have 2 collections. Calvary and Portfolio is back. I'm not sure how to move forward since they refuse PFD's and will come off in about 1.5 yrs. Total on both CO's is about $1900. Maybe if I get a tax refund I'll pif.
Message 24 of 30
Msflores408
Valued Member

Update: all my scores are averaging 620 now. So happy. Have been making all of my payments on time and either pif or close to it every month.
Took out a car loan. Sedan wasn't working anymore with 4 kids.
I stupidly disputed cash call and I just got a letter saying my account is reporting correctly and my inquiry has been forwarded to the collection agency that has the account so now I'm worried they will add another collection acct to my report. Blah.
Message 25 of 30
Msflores408
Valued Member

Updating for my own tracking lol

Citi- finally received letter that my card will be unsecured and upgrade to Citi Diamond. Can't wait to see the SL. Not holding my breath but happy to have my $500 back haha 

All comenity cards CL from 1000-2500 from just hitting the luv button every month. Thats a long way from $300 SL's!

Student loans all out of default and deleted from my credit reports!!!!

Left the garden for a Discover card with SL $2200. Whomp whomp.

Will refi dcu auto loan in the next coule of months. 

Only 1 collection on my file left and should drop off 2018.

Stopped obsessing about my credit score because it was making me crazy. I'll strat pulling it again once im ready to prequalify for a home loan.

Hard work pays off...............

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job on your rebuild!

Message 27 of 30
Msflores408
Valued Member

Almost 2 years later and I’m finally in escrow!
Thanks to everyone on this forum 😊😊😊
Message 28 of 30
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Msflores408wrote:
Almost 2 years later and I’m finally in escrow!
Thanks to everyone on this forum!!

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

so happy for you. 😊

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.