Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me rebuild my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help me rebuild my credit

Since capital one is still within SOL, I would strongly suggest paying it off.  Reason being, they will continue to add interest and the amount owed will balloon over time.  They are well known for sueing just before the SOL runs out, and collecting 2000 from a card that only had a limit of 200!!!!

-good luck
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just paid Capital One off this past month.  Now do you think I can write them a letter asking them to remove the baddies from my report? 
Message 12 of 14
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I completely understand your situation... I am there just about 6-8 months ahead of you... :-) CapitalOne (CrapOne as I now like to call them) They are so hard to deal with... They NEVER remove CO's or lates from what I can have experienced or heard of on these boards. Its unfortunate, but thats the way there are...

One thing I do suggest is to get a new credit card ASAP... Bank of America has some good secured and unsecured cards... You want to start rebuilding positive credit ASAP. From what I have heard, they do frequent credit limit increases if you have a good payment history. Macy's also is good about giving credit to those with poor credit histories and doing credit limit increases in about 90 days.

Good luck with everything...
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.  Wish me luck I sent out 2 GW's today.  I sent one to CITI Bank for a charged off account that has been paid in full, and also one to CAP One for a charged off account that has been paid in full.  Now I just play the waiting game.  I do not believe with my fico score that I have now I could qualify for any credit cards that are not secure.  I just think I can wait to see how these GW's and PFD's go and then apply for credit.  Hopefully the numbers will go up for me. 
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.