Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with Credit Collection Services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help with Credit Collection Services

Good afternoon,

I am having an issue with Credit Collection Services based in Norwood, MA.  I have a $332 collection from Comcast that was reported to them and paid in full, but they reported it to Transunion and it is obviously lowering my score.  So on my credit report it shows as "paid in full, was a collection."  I tried to call CCS directly, and I spoke to a rep who informed me that they do not remove anything for a cable company.  I got to speak to her manager and he informed me the same thing - they don't remove for cable company collections.  I got their mailing address in case writing a GW letter would be the next step, but I wanted to check here first.  Has anyone had luck with this company?  Are they telling me the truth that they don't remove cable accounts?  Would writing a GW letter be the best next step to take?  Thank you in advance.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help with Credit Collection Services

Do they own the account?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Debt collectors are instructed in their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs not to delete any collections based on payment of the debt, regardless of the creditor with whom the debt originated.

You are requesting an exception to that policy, which usually requires the authority of someone higher up in their management chain.

Perhaps someone on the forum can provide you with a successful prior contact name/number.......

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer your question, I am not sure who owns the account.  However, I called Comcast at the corporate number that I found on these forums yesterday(215-665-1700), and heres what they said:  I got in touch with an agent right away who assured me that he would escalate this situation and I would get a call back within 24 hours.  Sure enough, 2 hours later my phone rang.  The lady on the other line gave me wrong information.  She told me that it was an internal collection from Comcast from "Enhanced Recovery Company."  But on my credit report it shows Credit Collection Services, and I did call them to verify as I stated in my original post.  Since calling and asking for goodwill deltion did not work, would a letter be my next best bet?  Anyone have success with this company?  Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.