Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with a goodwill for a PSNC utility bill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help with a goodwill for a PSNC utility bill

Hello everyone. 

I could use some help here. I only have one bad item left on my report. It's an old utility account with PSNC. I paid it off last month and it updated as paid, but still derogatory. How do you think I should go about getting it removed? Should I write the CEO? I am looking for some good advice here as I am trying to buy a house in August.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please help with a goodwill for a PSNC utility bill

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone. 

I could use some help here. I only have one bad item left on my report. It's an old utility account with PSNC. I paid it off last month and it updated as paid, but still derogatory. How do you think I should go about getting it removed? Should I write the CEO? I am looking for some good advice here as I am trying to buy a house in August.

IMO the letter should go to the CEO via US Mail its more personal than email. Here is the GW letter thread that can give you some help on how to say things

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 3
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: Please help with a goodwill for a PSNC utility bill

I had success with edactly what you are asking for with PSNC. I went in their website and hit the contact us link for email and wrote the below in the chat box:

Good Afternoon,

I was writing in regards to a past account that I had with PSNC that was opened back in Dec 2009. My old account number started with xxxxxx

The purpose of this email is to request a goodwill deletion of the Trade Line on my Equifax credit report. After I moved from North Carolina back in Feb 2010 I paid the current balance due. In error, I made the mistake in not closing out my account fully and there was a balance left on the account that went to collections. Back in Dec 2010 when I received collection information, I paid the balance in full and no longer owe any money. But since the debt went to collections, it will stay on my report for another year and half.

I know that PSNC is reporting correctly to the Credit Agency as required by FRCA but I am asking for an exception to delete or exclude this trade line from reporting. Getting this negative item off my credit report will go a long ways toward my approval for a new mortgage loan.

Thank you for considering this request and if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I then got an automated response that my request was being sent to Credit Department for review.

Then a few hours later got this email:

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your patience. Our Credit Department has advised that due to the circumstances that you provided to us, PSNC will update the Credit Bureau file as deleted.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know. Use the convenient Contact link at the top of any page of our Web site or call our 24-hour Customer Service at 1-877-776-2427Call: 1-877-776-2427.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Laura
PSNC Energy
eCustomer Service

Confirmed they deleted from my report.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.