Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with next step.....settled c/os and want mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help with next step.....settled c/os and want mortgage

So hi. I'm in the midst of repairing my credit....had my credit in the 740s then lost my job and got 5 accounts with charge offs...about 2 years ago...have settled all balances and they report at 0. Have paid credit good since then......just don't know what to do next

Cc:

Chase $10/17,000
Creditone $0/1000
Target $0/350
Barclay $0/3,500

Installment:

Honda loans $19,000/22,600
Honda loans $20,000/32,000
Student loans $376,000/330,000

Fico 8:

Eq 699 tu 688 ex 692

I know my loans are top heavy....and the c/o are weighing heavily for another 6 years....but what can I do to increase my scores.......the past couple of months they haven't moved at all......and I paid $70,000 lump sum on my student loans.....and it didn't budge....

I make about 30,000 per month now....

Please help me
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help with next step.....settled c/os and want mortgage

Ps. I recently did the pay off credit cards and only let one report.....so I'm guessing that will give it a small bump
Message 2 of 8
surferchris
Valued Contributor

It seems like you are doing everything correctly.  See if you can get the chargeoffs off of your credit report.  If there is anything wrong on the reporting of them, you can try to dispute them.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 3 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Search the site for 'Saturation Technique' and start GW letters for the CO's.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the ideas....keep them coming
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So hi. I'm in the midst of repairing my credit....had my credit in the 740s then lost my job and got 5 accounts with charge offs...about 2 years ago...have settled all balances and they report at 0. Have paid credit good since then......just don't know what to do next

Cc:

Chase $10/17,000
Creditone $0/1000
Target $0/350
Barclay $0/3,500

Installment:

Honda loans $19,000/22,600
Honda loans $20,000/32,000
Student loans $376,000/330,000

Fico 8:

Eq 699 tu 688 ex 692

I know my loans are top heavy....and the c/o are weighing heavily for another 6 years....but what can I do to increase my scores.......the past couple of months they haven't moved at all......and I paid $70,000 lump sum on my student loans.....and it didn't budge....

I make about 30,000 per month now....

Please help me

If I was making 30K a month, I wouldn't need credit... LOL (If I may ask, what the heck kinda job do you have? and are they hiring?)

Seriously, though you've probably simply topped out for your scoring bucket. All you can do now is continue to let derogs age and try to get goodwill removals of the charge-offs.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ps. I recently did the pay off credit cards and only let one report.....so I'm guessing that will give it a small bump

You may want to let that $10 report on a low limit card - on a $17K limit card the UTI% may look like 0% to the score algorithm.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.