Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help:(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help:(

I have an old Capital One charge off from 2013. It's been reporting as recent every month now. I went to pay it off today as my wife and I are getting ready to buy a home. They said it had been sold to Portfolio Recovery this month and to call them. I called Portfolio who stated they had no record of the account. Capital One said Portfolio had just not updated their system yet. How much damage will this do to my credit score if/when it shows up with Portfolio? Will this do major damage even though the account with Capital One is from 2013? Any help at all will be majorly appreciated. I am beyong stressed out about this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help:(

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an old Capital One charge off from 2013. It's been reporting as recent every month now. I went to pay it off today as my wife and I are getting ready to buy a home. They said it had been sold to Portfolio Recovery this month and to call them. I called Portfolio who stated they had no record of the account. Capital One said Portfolio had just not updated their system yet. How much damage will this do to my credit score if/when it shows up with Portfolio? Will this do major damage even though the account with Capital One is from 2013? Any help at all will be majorly appreciated. I am beyong stressed out about this.

You could get lucky and pay it before it ever reports with portfolio on your CR. I got lucky on a few account when i found they went to a CA i paid them immediatly and they never showed up on my CR just the OC.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only problem with that is that Portfolio is saying they have no record of the account. How long wll it take to update in their system? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The only problem with that is that Portfolio is saying they have no record of the account. How long wll it take to update in their system? 

No way to know. Just keep in contact with them, until they have it in their system.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.