Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls Verify This For Me

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Pls Verify This For Me

I need to make sure I'm not sitting here fooling myself but overdraft fees from regular checking account do they typically get reported to the CRA??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pls Verify This For Me

In my experience, they are not (and I have had more overdraft fees than I'd like to admit). I'm sure it would be a different story if you or the bank closed the account while it still had a negative balance.

In case anyone is wondering, I requested a ChexSystems report to see if my overdraft fees were reported there, and they were not.

But to be clear, I have had the same bank account for ~8 years and have always had regular direct deposits that bring the account current in no more than a couple of weeks.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 4
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

I need to make sure I'm not sitting here fooling myself but overdraft fees from regular checking account do they typically get reported to the CRA??

If the account closes it can be send to a CA who will report your past due balance. 

EDIT, that also depends on the CA too. the one I work for we do not report our collections to the CRA's. Just judgments. 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 3 of 4
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@meehan22 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

If the account closes it can be send to a CA who will report your past due balance. 

EDIT, that also depends on the CA too. the one I work for we do not report our collections to the CRA's. Just judgments. 

meehan yes the account closed out with a negative balance. Both were from BOA and TD Bank - which is my current bank (still dont understand how they were able to open up a new checking account for me when I never paid the previous charged off account that accrued fees for almost $250). These charge off happened back in 2012 and I heard from the CA like once or twice then they never contacted me again. Since the overdraft fees arent technically credit extended to me, I stay non chalant about it. They are like at the bottom of my debt repayment list... oh well imma ride them out and focus on the debts that are direct results of credit and if at the end of the day I have some money leftover, I will pay them and just hope they dont begin reporting it. Thanks for the insight...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.