Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Drop on Equifax - Ugh

tag
duckfan4life
Established Member

Point Drop on Equifax - Ugh

Ugh...been working through some credit repair on my files. Have had most of my collections deleted through GW requests. I also had a judgment against me vacated by the courts by doing a GW request to the platiff's lawyer. Yesterday, I picked up the signed court order and faxed it over to Equifax and Transunion. Today, the judgment is deleted from Equifax....and my score dropped from 682-651. 31 point drop!!! Feeling very discouraged right now Smiley Sad

Gardening from 02/14/2014 - 07/01/2014

$4500                 $6K                      $1K                   $2K                $5K                    $15K                  $7.5K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DVH1980
Contributor

Re: Point Drop on Equifax - Ugh

Why would your score drop after having it removed? I would think that would increase it assuming it didnt do something drastic to your AAoA?

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 2 of 12
duckfan4life
Established Member

Yeah, I've been reading about "rebucketing". I'm thinking that might have caused it. I can't see my AAoA yet, as I'm not due for an update on the freebie montioring services for some time.

$4500                 $6K                      $1K                   $2K                $5K                    $15K                  $7.5K
Message 3 of 12
DVH1980
Contributor

Odd, even if the AAoA took a hit, I would think that since its your only derog that at the very least it would maintain your score if not give it a good jump.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 4 of 12
duckfan4life
Established Member

I do have one more derog... a collection account. I GWd the collection agency and they agreed to delete. Just waiting for it to actually drop now.

Message 5 of 12
DVH1980
Contributor

Even still, if the existing derog was on there before the other dropped off I cant say it affecting your score neagtively. Just another strange enigma in the credit world I suppose.

Message 6 of 12
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

If The score your referring to is not an actual myfico score then it isn't accurate. My guess is your actual Fico is probably higher than that fako
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 7 of 12
duckfan4life
Established Member

Yeah, I don't believe it's an actual FICO. It's from Elminate ID Theft credit monitoring.

Message 8 of 12
DVH1980
Contributor

Agreed, it might be time to drop a little coin and have 100% factual knowledge of your true score, if anything as a baseline for future reference.

Message 9 of 12
shanedag

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.