Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point me in the right direction please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Point me in the right direction please?

So I have been reading about some of you sending DV, PFD and GW letters. Are you doing this yourselves or have you hired a credit company to do this on your behalf? How often are you sending these letters? Every 30 days? I worked with Lexington Law in the past and to date they have gotten 20+ baddies removed including a judgenent. I am down to the last 5 and it's just no longer cost effective for me to continue to use their service Plus I am down to such a small amount of neg, It probably would not be too tedious to do on my own.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Point me in the right direction please?

Most of the members on these forums work themselves to send goodwills and disputes.

You did not give a full picture of your current credit standing, but the first step in the right direction is to get a secured card if you don't have any current revolving lines of credit.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Sorry, here is what I am working with.

2 paid collections from $500 ea First Premier from 2008

6 30 day lates from my car from the end of 2010 - beginning of 2011

1 paid medical collection $215 from 2008

1 unpaid medical collection $539 from 2011

AU on hubbys Cap One credit card 2 years old, never late 29% util

Current $300 Cap one credit card opened in April 2012 util is 5%

4 paid off car loans, never late, oldest opened in 2003

$200 secured card Applied bank, opened March 2012
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And 2 other.installment loans, never late, paid in full, closed
Message 4 of 11
LALALISA
New Contributor

I gave my GW and PFD's 30 days. Usually get a response or a delete within 15 days. You'll just have to monitor your CR's for any deletes. I didn't always send letters....most of mine I called and requested anything in writing if they agreed.

Starting Score: Jan 2011: 517; March 2012: 620
Current Score: Ex 681 FairIsaac V2; TU 690 Classic04; Eq 642 Beacon5.0-All lender pull 8/13/12
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! Sorry, here is what I am working with.

2 paid collections from $500 ea First Premier from 2008 - I would send GW letters on these to the CA.

6 30 day lates from my car from the end of 2010 - beginning of 2011 - I would send GW letters on these.

1 paid medical collection $215 from 2008 - GW letter or investigate the HIPAA process

1 unpaid medical collection $539 from 2011 - Attempt to work with the OC on this to, agreeing to payment if they will ask the CA to remove the listing.

AU on hubbys Cap One credit card 2 years old, never late 29% util - PAY THIS DOWN to Sub 9%

Current $300 Cap one credit card opened in April 2012 util is 5% - PAY THIS TO 0

4 paid off car loans, never late, oldest opened in 2003

$200 secured card Applied bank, opened March 2012  - PAY THIS TO 0

Okay -- so with a mortgage in mind.... are you going FHA or conventional?

Ideally, most lenders will want: their minimum score, collections to be paid, and no late payments within the last year. Depending on when the $539 collection was open, that looks like your biggest hurdle.

Paying those credit cards down to 0, with the Cap One showing sub 9 should get you those 26 points.... well, hopefully.

How soon are you looking to do this?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott!

Lexington Law sent GW letters on my behalf which did not do anything, so you rec that I send more GW on my own? I have also done everything short of begging Paragon Revenue $539 to accept a pfd. They gave me some excusr saying its up to the OC. I begged them (supervisor) and they said no also. I guess the next step would be emailing the hospital president?
I am trying to get preapproved before the election as rumor has it rates may increase after that, I am shooting for FHA through Quicken Loans.

My most recent scores are 584, 594, and 617 so they went up since April but still not in preapproval land.
Message 7 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Scott!

Lexington Law sent GW letters on my behalf which did not do anything, so you rec that I send more GW on my own? I have also done everything short of begging Paragon Revenue $539 to accept a pfd. They gave me some excusr saying its up to the OC. I begged them (supervisor) and they said no also. I guess the next step would be emailing the hospital president?
I am trying to get preapproved before the election as rumor has it rates may increase after that, I am shooting for FHA through Quicken Loans.

My most recent scores are 584, 594, and 617 so they went up since April but still not in preapproval land.

Mid is 594 with roughly 29 percent util?? I think you might just might get to 620, esp with stuff aging, and if you pay down the overall util to under 10 percent...

How old is the 2011 collection? When did it hit in 2011?

-scott

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

10/1/11 so coming up on 1 year. The bill was from 5/11/11, they reported it 5 months later...is that normal?
Message 9 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
10/1/11 so coming up on 1 year. The bill was from 5/11/11, they reported it 5 months later...is that normal?

Yeah they can choose to report whenever they want..

Lenders aren't credit repair gurus, they are just lenders. So they will see that account as opened Oct 2011 likely -- so you will either have to wait til October to close, or try to get it removed prior to that. But either way, if it's FHA it will have to be paid now, where as in before July 2012 they could choose to ignore medical collections.

I think you will make it to be honest, your new accounts are killing your AAoA, but with each month of age, since you have so few accounts, should give you incremental point increases.. maybe 1 or 2 a month as things age, and negatives age further from that 2 year sweet spot..

Once your util is reflective across the board as under 10 percent, I think you would be close to 620..

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.