Did you mean: 

Points Calculation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Points Calculation

Hi All,

I have two charge offs on my credit report -

1.) Florida Hospital - $400 - Which they are about to delete when they receieve the payment

2.) Partners Federal Credit Union - For an overdrafted checking account - $109 - I am willing to pay but they are not willing to delete but working hard to try

Also, many late pays from Santander and First Premier (none in the past 6 months)

My current Equifax FICO is 586 any idea how many points my score will increase with those deletions?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Points Calculation

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I have two charge offs on my credit report -

1.) Florida Hospital - $400 - Which they are about to delete when they receieve the payment

2.) Partners Federal Credit Union - For an overdrafted checking account - $109 - I am willing to pay but they are not willing to delete but working hard to try

Also, many late pays from Santander and First Premier (none in the past 6 months)

My current Equifax FICO is 586 any idea how many points my score will increase with those deletions?

Thanks!

1.) Florida Hospital - It depends on when the Date of Service was. If it was a recent debt,then you may see a nice jump,when it's deleted. As the debt ages, the less of a jump in score you will see.      

2.) Partners Federal Credit Union -  I believe this debt is already 4yrs old,  so it has only 3 more yrs to report.

Since the CU is not agreeing to PFD, I would suggest to go ahead and pay it,then keep sending GW letters to ask for a delete.

Also I see, you are looking a home in the next 12months, a mortgage lender would ask you to pay it anyway.                                                                                                                                                                               

From reading your previous posts, the 30 & 60 day late payments is hurting your score alot.

You can try to send GW letters, to see if they will agree to delete.                

Congrats on paying on time for the last 6 months, Keep up the good workSmiley Wink                                                                                                                                                                     

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Lightnin! I appreciate your help!

John

Message 3 of 4
sandieleslie
New Contributor

Hi Johnny,

Can you let me know who you contacted at Florida Hospital? I have a charge off that I paid and I am seeking information on who to contact to get a GW.

Please help if you can

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.