cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polishing My Credit File/Report (All 3 Bureaus)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Polishing My Credit File/Report (All 3 Bureaus)

Hello Everyone!!!

I am looking to delete an adverse activity off of my Credit Report/File (all 3 bureaus)... I don't remember this at all but I may or may have have not intentionally ignored it in the past for I was not concerned about my credit back when this is dated... Needing help from those who have experienced and/or are savvy with executing this... The following are the details:

Collections: Medical

Original Creditor: Med1 02 Vincent Gassen OD PC

Agency Name: Automated Recovery Systems

Balance Amount: $64.00

Date Open: 12/28/2010

Balance Date: 02/25/2011

Date of Status: 02/25/2011

Please advise what/which would be the quickest, most logical way to resolve this, with the BEST results... Thank You in advance!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Polishing My Credit File/Report (All 3 Bureaus)

Try a pay for delete letter?

Message 2 of 5
tyhollin
Valued Member

I would try this 

Send a DV letter to ensure the debt is yours, the debt is valid and they are legally allowed to collect on behalf of the original creditor in your state. If the debt cannot be validated or is not validated then dispute the account information with the credit bureaus and send proof of the DV letter. If the debt is validated (reciepts, signatures, proof they are allowed to collect in your state and all figures properly calculated to show how they got their #'s) consider a pay for deletion. Usually you will have to pay in full for a pay for deletion. Make sure you get any agreements in writing before you pay. If they refuse a pay for deletion then offer a lower settlement. After settling wait several months and dispute with the credit bureaus. If all else fails after DV, pay for deletion offer, settling and disputing send a good will letter to corporate once every few months, if that fails try for an early exception from each bureau, if that fails wait for it to fall off. 

More than likely a DV letter will work as the debt is very small. It probably wont be worth it to spend any time or money validating such a small debt. 

Message 3 of 5
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@tyhollin wrote:

I would try this 

Send a DV letter to ensure the debt is yours, the debt is valid and they are legally allowed to collect on behalf of the original creditor in your state. If the debt cannot be validated or is not validated then dispute the account information with the credit bureaus and send proof of the DV letter. If the debt is validated (reciepts, signatures, proof they are allowed to collect in your state and all figures properly calculated to show how they got their #'s) consider a pay for deletion. Usually you will have to pay in full for a pay for deletion. Make sure you get any agreements in writing before you pay. If they refuse a pay for deletion then offer a lower settlement. After settling wait several months and dispute with the credit bureaus. If all else fails after DV, pay for deletion offer, settling and disputing send a good will letter to corporate once every few months, if that fails try for an early exception from each bureau, if that fails wait for it to fall off. 

More than likely a DV letter will work as the debt is very small. It probably wont be worth it to spend any time or money validating such a small debt. 

+1

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SOGGIE wrote:

@tyhollin wrote:

I would try this 

+1

Thank You for this advice!!! Smiley Happy Can I somehow get advice/directions to and/or a sample of a DV Letter that would be effective for my particular situation, this collection is dated back in 2011... I have only been coming across letters to cease communications at the present time...?!? LOL!!! Thank You in advance!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.